Thread: Umarex colt 1911 government misalignment - common problem

The_Mentalist Guest

Umarex colt 1911 government misalignment - common problem

Hi there first post here.
    There seems to be a common problem with this gun where the wheel-magazine is not aligning properly with the breech causing the pellet to jam when the pistol if fired. Umarex says "The problem is with the mechanism. It needs fine tuning and adjusting". Does anyone know which part(s) of the mechanism this refers to? I have broken the guarantee on the gun by modifying the muzzle for a surpressor attachment (which works perfectly by the way ) so i need to (and would rather) fix it myself. As far as I can see from the mark on the jammed pellet, the wheel is being turned slightly too much and part of the pellet making contact with the side of the breech and being stopped there. If anyone can give me a clue to where the problem is it would be greatly appreciated and would serve other members who have this otherwise awsome airgun!
    Best reguards!

Hi and welcome to the BBS and to the pistol (UBC), I had a problem with pellets jamming occasionally, I bought the pistol secondhand and thought it was due to wear or lack of maintenance, so I gave it a good clean and lube and so far I have not had any jams I have not tried to adjust mine so can not help you with that Not sure that I have helped you any but try spraying the mechanism with WD40 type lube.
    Cheers Keith

The_Mentalist Guest
    Hi thanks for the feedback i'll give that a try and post results! it might be hard to tell though as it's an intermitant problem.

The_Mentalist Guest

Thumbs up

After some testing I can positively say that some bisley silicone gun oil on the breach seal has completely solved the problem! Some pellets fired into water before applying the oil show part of the pellet had been shaved off due to the misalignment. After applying the oil, the pellets only show rifliling marks!
    I guess that the lubrication helps the pellet slip into the breech easier. Even at lower pressures, there is no jamming anymore!