Thread: Cowboy Action shooters?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Question Cowboy Action shooters?

Is Cowboy Action shooting big in the UK? Due to regs you'd be restricted to percussion revolvers, but many CAS shooters in the US prefer them to cartridge anyway.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Yes its big over here and getting bigger! my Dad is the gunsmith that takes care of a lot of six shooters in the uk! Uberti,stafford hill, trinitys,schmit or however its spelt? alot of people do their own loads!
    Air Arms Ev2 MKII, Big Nikko, lots of luck!
    Air Logic Genesis .177

Yes, we do a bit of all that at my club. Unfortunately there are powder restrictions, so you can't run the pistols at full power. Most just have one for the sake of it, but some are competitive shooters I believe.

I don't really like the M/L BP pistols much I'm afraid .

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Yes, we do a bit of all that at my club. Unfortunately there are powder restrictions, so you can't run the pistols at full power. Most just have one for the sake of it, but some are competitive shooters I believe.

I don't really like the M/L BP pistols much I'm afraid .
    That's why I like air pistols: clean, quiet: I can shoot them in my back yard and have virtually no clean up.

I'm lazy!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone