Thread: BSA Cadet Major, help wanted

BSA Cadet Major, help wanted

Help wanted in sorting out a BSA Cadet Major for an old boy of 80 who asked me to repair it for him. The sear won't hold and it looks like the trigger and the piston need replacing due to wear. Does anyone know where I can get reasonably priced parts from (including possibly a complete gun for breaking as spares) as the gun isn't worth a great deal and the old boy hasn't got any money anyway. Any help appreciated,

Vic Thompson.

Unless you go the chambers or Knibbs route (which can quickly get expensive) then your best bet is to put a wanted ad on here and play the waiting game.

I have noticed that there's a lot of classic springer parts being sold on ebay lately, with people stripping entire guns and selling them piecemeal, so keep a good look out there as well.

cadet

A few weeks ago the sear on my cadet would'nt hold making cocking impossible. When I pulled it apart I found the washer end of the piston had worked loose. Tightened the centre nut and all was and remains well. Have a look?

thanks to you both, I'll advertise in the wanted section, check Eb and look at piston again.

Vic T

Cadet Major

The Cadet Major is a fantastic rifle. I bought one on here a month or so ago. Its very elegant and shoots really well.

Hope you get it sorted!

major

I totally agree with above. It is an elegant gun, slim 'n pretty. Sure, not a gun to be compared with modern ideas but a real air gun. Mine still shoots straight after 53 years of service. Knock any bunny at 15 meters stone dead. Best learn some field craft to use one of these but worth the effort!