Thread: HW40 PCA Trigger Jamming in under a week of ownership

Shotgun Holm Guest

HW40 PCA Trigger Jamming in under a week of ownership

Ok...Hi I'm Mike, so my new HW40 (first Airgun, though i'm fairly familiar with guns in general) after only having it for FOUR DAYS!?! trigger jammed and will not fire until i take apart the grip and manually move the internal valve release, after that is done i can take about 50 shots (i only got off about 300 before the problem started) and then the process repeates itself. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem or if there are any other helpless souls angry at Weihrauch and would just like to rant about this major annoyance. (Other than that the HW40 PCA is a sweet tool capable of amazing accuracy, with an excellent two-stage trigger for a (comparativly) low price)

Hi Mike,I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem,but just wanted to show you my HW40 with a crack/split when brand new.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t.../porkyHW40.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...orkyHW40-1.jpg

No problems with the shop(BAR),they changed it straight away,but I was a bit disappointed with Weihrauch quality.

all the best,Keith
    Last edited by Porky; 24-04-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Hi Mike welcome to the BBS, Mate if it's only for days old why have you taken it apart and not just taken it back to the shop.

These are normally good quality guns, should only ever need a new seal now and again and a lube up. take it back and get one that works.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Shotgun Holm Guest
    Keith, thanks!...nice to see another example of "Fine German Quality"
    and Jason... ya it'll be going back (just a little problem of 3000 miles cuz i bought it over the web fom a shop in B.C. & i live in Ontario) i emailed Weihrauch about the problem and they're going to deal with it. Otherwise ya the HW40 puts in some wicked groups!

Yeah ok i can see 3000 miles being a slight problem. Glad your getting it sorted, it a good gun, i Have the re-badged version the Beeman P3 and it's a good toy.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Shotgun Holm Guest
    ya i'm sure i just got a lemon...the first 300 or so shots i put through it were really nice!

Trigger unhappy..

I had a HW40 and every now and then maybe every 5 or 600 shots the trigger would fail to release . I had to recock it to get it to fire. I sent it back to BAR who returned it under warranty to Weihrauch. Only ever did it once again after that.
    Nice trigger though.
    Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.