Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: May Spring Power Competition

Graham Guest
    It's looking bad for me getting the spoon (NOT) I just printed off the targets and they're a bit bigger than the ones I used last week. I might even hit double figures.... Watch this space!

Although........ the ones I printed off appear to go up to 11, have I printed the wrong ones? They go up to eight with figures and there are three more scoring rings inside that, including the bull. Does that just count as 10 as well or have I printed the wrong target? I took the 1st page for 6 yards from the link in the first post.

HEEEEEELP!

I'll send results in tomorrow....... as long as I have something to shoot at.

Graham Guest
    Hopefully this picture will show you what I mean.....

untitled.bmp

Quote Originally Posted by mxgb View Post
    I was rather hoping it would get a bit easier Did any one else feel a bit tense when they put up their comp target, I know I did I dated and and put my name on the target before I shot it so that there was no going back and I felt very tense and pressured, and this was on my own in my garden, good job it was not a face to face on the range affair Still good fun and with plenty of room for improvement
    ATB Keith
    You think it was tense.

At least you didn't know some of the scores before you got to shoot.

Had my practice shots, done some good grouping. Then on the competition target it looked like I was using a blunderbus

Only about 8 people left to submit there scores. & then the next lot of banter begins
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    i've been off work for the last few days (missus had a baby) and i've managed to spent a reasonable time playing pistols in the garden (she only needs to shout!)
    So i was quite relaxed when i did mine. Doesn't mean it's any good though!!!
    Congratulations James, Hope mother a Baby are doing well, Boy or girl?

A proud daddy, I'm surprised you could shoot with your head up in the clouds.

Bring on those sleepless nights
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    It's looking bad for me getting the spoon (NOT) I just printed off the targets and they're a bit bigger than the ones I used last week. I might even hit double figures.... Watch this space!

Although........ the ones I printed off appear to go up to 11, have I printed the wrong ones? They go up to eight with figures and there are three more scoring rings inside that, including the bull. Does that just count as 10 as well or have I printed the wrong target? I took the 1st page for 6 yards from the link in the first post.

HEEEEEELP!

I'll send results in tomorrow....... as long as I have something to shoot at.
    Hi Graham, thats the right target, (first page 4 targets on a sheet) don't worry about the bull it still only scores 10, if you submit a score of 55 out of 50 there might be problem.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

eyup..how come i'm down as using a .18?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Congratulations James, Hope mother a Baby are doing well, Boy or girl?

A proud daddy, I'm surprised you could shoot with your head up in the clouds.

Bring on those sleepless nights
    I'll second that congratulations James.

However don't expect any extra points being awarded to you

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    eyup..how come i'm down as using a .18?
    Err my mistake , Sometimes when I update & save the file, the PC will jump a decimal point . I just didn't error proof before submitting it

Don't worry it won't happen again. Well not until the next time anyway
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Graham Guest
    Hi Graham, thats the right target, (first page 4 targets on a sheet) don't worry about the bull it still only scores 10, if you submit a score of 55 out of 50 there might be problem.
    Haha, I'll tell the jokes! There'll be a stewards enquiry if I get more than 20. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    At least you didn't know some of the scores before you got to shoot.
    what he really means is you all have no hope

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    what he really means is you all have no hope
    Just you wait & see the final scores Clever clogs
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Ok just want to know how i've done now, suspence is getting to me.

Shot my test card 12 shots 3 in each target, then my result card which i thought wasn't bad, now starting to think maybe it wasn't that good.

Ok just want to know how i've done now, suspence is getting to me.

Shot my test card 12 shots 3 in each target, then my result card which i thought wasn't bad, now starting to think maybe it wasn't that good.

Patience my good man, patience

All shall be revealed soon enough
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Cheers lads, the missus had a boy. I now have one of each flavour! his sister is nearly 4 now, it's surprising how quick you forget the joy of nappies and broken sleep!!. He's got his little body clock out of sync, sleeps loads during the day so i get plenty of time plinking in the garden: Downside is bugger all sleep at night! you should see the black rings round my eyes!

Not long to wait untill the score board is revealed.....
    Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20 - Air Arms TX200 HC .177
    FX Verminator .177 - Theoben Evolution .177

Hi lads well me and my lad have just finished our first training/practice session,its taken a while to set up as .22 pellets were ricocheting off the back board all over the shop and at 6 yards the buggers sting when they hit . Any-way managed to mount the targets on a littlewoods catalogue and this has sorted out the bouncing terrors.That one handed buisness isnt as easy as you think is it?.
    The real shoot off starts tomorrow night as soon as i finish work, we've decided 5 practice shots each then GAME ON.
    Jordan (my lad )doesn't know it yet but this weeks pocket money might be on hold if i lose