Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: May Spring Power Competition

Hi Folks......as we allow spring and single stroke pneumatics in the comp I honestly cant see a reason why we cant allow pcp pistols as shooting them is basically the same as a single stroke and I can see no special advantages here...just my thoughts as I now have all three af these varieties and would enjoy shooting them all in the comp...I shoot just as cr~p with 'em all anyway!!
    It is a fun comp after all...yes??.....
    Eric.

I like the idea of spring and single stroke as you have to put a bit of effort in to cock it which means you have to take each shot from the begining, unlike some of our multi shot co2's where you line the first shot up and fire another 7 straight after without moving.

Though it does sound like you are offering to start up a Co2 only Comp Eric.

I'm sure Paddy would mail you his score sheet to get you started, we already have our targets and rules. I would add one rule if this goes ahead that after each shot the pistol has to return to the shooters side before the next shot can be taken.

What do you say Eric
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Come guy's only 4 hours left to get them scores in.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I like the idea of spring and single stroke as you have to put a bit of effort in to cock it which means you have to take each shot from the begining, unlike some of our multi shot co2's where you line the first shot up and fire another 7 straight after without moving.

Though it does sound like you are offering to start up a Co2 only Comp Eric.

I'm sure Paddy would mail you his score sheet to get you started, we already have our targets and rules. I would add one rule if this goes ahead that after each shot the pistol has to return to the shooters side before the next shot can be taken.

What do you say Eric
    Jason ol' m8....I'm talking about pcp...pre-charged pneumatic, not Co2.
    I now have a Rohm Twinmaster Sport match pistol which I would like to use in the comp...they're a standard comp pistol, single shot.....
    Eric.

Idea.

I would submit the PCP scores but I won't put on the positions sheet. If there are more people who would like to use PCP pistols I could do a duplicate sheet. As I've already got the format all I need to do is change the wording.

We can discuss this & see what the general concenus is.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Don't wanna rock the boat Paddy...If most want to keep it spring and single stroke...who am I to argue....
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Don't wanna rock the boat Paddy...If most want to keep it spring and single stroke...who am I to argue....
    Eric.
    If there are a few people that have PCP pistols, I can do another score sheet at the same time as I've already set the format.

Lets see how popular it will be.

BE-HAPPY-OK

Come guy's only 4 hours left to get them scores in.
    I know I'm now getting impatient
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Graham Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Excuses already!

Jim
    I haven't even begun with the excuses........ yet! I have a few up my sleeve.

How many scores are we still waiting for Paddy?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete R View Post
    OK my scores are in.

I had to sneak in a quick shoot while the missus was out at the shops with a friend. Managed to sort out six yards form along the upstairs landing and into the Loo, where my targets, and cardboard backstop were balanced on top of the wicker bath towel box. It would have been really expensive if I'd had a bad shot as the only thing behind all this is the double glazed bathroom window.

Next month I'm shooting across the bedrooms with both doors open (more than 10m) no matter who is staying. I'll just have to design a range flag and danger notice for the bottom of the stairs.

Pete
    You're a dedicated man, Pete!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Jason ol' m8....I'm talking about pcp...pre-charged pneumatic, not Co2.
    I now have a Rohm Twinmaster Sport match pistol which I would like to use in the comp...they're a standard comp pistol, single shot.....
    Eric.

Sorry just went back and re-read your post, must have skipped over the pcp bit and assumed Co2.

PCP against Spring, we'll just give you 1st place now shall we.

Ok it's Sunday....

Come on Paddy this is no time to be sleeping.

Ok it's Sunday....

Come on Paddy this is no time to be sleeping.
    LOL what he said

1AM Sunday and no scores....just a lack of dedication if you ask me

Graham Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    LOL what he said

1AM Sunday and no scores....just a lack of dedication if you ask me

3AM Sunday and still no scores, outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    3AM Sunday and still no scores, outrageous!
    I'm now making the new thread

Two people have not submitted there scores. However with the current situation (abuse ) I'm now doing the thread.

Just wait a few more minutes & all shall be revealed
    BE-HAPPY-OK