Thread: V Mach / SFS Tuning options / prices

V Mach / SFS Tuning options / prices

All,

As I've managed to acquire a HW80k in great condition I've decided to do something I've wanted to do for ages and get an HW80 tuned properly and kept as a special springer.

What I was wondering was what sub 12ft/lb tuning options were open to me, would it be worth getting it tuned for sub 12ft/lb and what would be the stages of tune and what sort of price would I be looking at (ball park figure)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Newton

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    SFS tunes are very good the basic tune which leaves the gun very smooth to shoot with no twang and very consistant is £45, I believe Tony is now offering a Deluxe tune for £100 but I've no knowledge of this tune up so can't quote on what gets done and how better they shoot, the waiting time for Tony's tune up is about a week, V-mach on the other hand does a basic tune for £100 and a Laserglide tune for about £160 (I think) and a lot more work goes into them but the waiting time is pretty long (we're talking months), so it's your choice.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

80 tune up.

Tony Wall tuned a few springers for me a long time ago for nothing more than a few bottles of Newcastle Brown!!!! A little bit dearer these days. Fitted one of my 80s with a theoben piston crown which they still sell. These definatly increase efficiency and my 80 had consistancy of 2-3fps.

Dave

Thumbs up tony wall

he did a stingray express for me about five years ago i dont own it now but know who does and its still as good and never been touched since after many thousands of pellets

Tony recently did an 80 k for me (deluxe tune).....superb job at the bargain price stated, I also had the barrel chopped and a custom silencer fitted for an extra £60. I would certainly have it done again the rifle was as sweet as owt when finished....Andy..

I've shot a V-Mach and an SFS tuned 97 and to be honest,i couldn't really tell them apart.I'd sooner spend £45 on a tune and put the rest to some pellets or a new scope or something.

Thanks for all the replies lads

I think I'm going to contact both via phone and make a decision. I'm in no massive rush to have it done but don't want to wait forever.

I have to say I'm swaying towards SFS but I've alwasy wanted a Venom HW80 and the V-Mach would be the closest I'd get to one