Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Logun Despair!!

jonathanjones Guest

Logun Despair!!

ok guys i need to rant:........i purchased a brand new s-16 from jsr 2 weeks ago.opened the box and saw adhesive residue on the barrel which would not wipe off. then i shot it and the varying levels of power were dreadful..then i noticed a gooey substance coming from 2 hex bolts along the rifles casing...well pissed off...sent a letter to logun with the gun asking for a replacement or refund....guess what they want to repair the gun (ive been without gun for 1 week as it is) then return it to me....a 500 quid faulty brand new gun!!!...i think its a disgrace to be trated this way...i like the gun and would love a replacement(working) but does anyone else think im out of order for not wanting a repaired gun?? cos i dont

your help would br greatly appreciated on this

cheers

Aldin Guest
    The way i see it you paid for a BRAND NEW product, you did not ask for a recon one on the cheap tell them you want a new one

If the rifle wasn't fit for the purpose it was intended, your entitled to a refund.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Darren Petts Guest
    Almost everyone in posession of a functional s16 has had it back to Simmons at least once. The gun has probably the worst reputation for reliability of any gun you can mention on this forum.

I only know one person at my local club who has one and hes had nothing but problems from day one.

Simon.
    Beretta 692 30" Sporter L/H Adjustable Stock
    Crooked Barn 2240 .22

i think the trading standards stance would be that an offer of repair is reasonable - this would vary from item to item though depending on the severity of the fault.

personally, i would be like you and wanting a brand new item - unless of course there was a reasonable gesture of goodwill from the supplier/manufacturer such as a partial refund or offer of goods by means of compensating your inconvenience.

it would be worth ringing your local trading standards office to get their usually very helpful and sound advice

as a last resort if you purchased on a credit card you will have some limited means of 'protection' provided by your card issuer. one reason alone for for buying on plastic even if you have the cash.

hope this helps some

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewcentre
    The mill dot is very good, however I don't use it much as I shoot from a Landrover, so there is not much time for aiming.

Re: Logun Despair!!

Originally posted by jonathanjones
    ok guys i need to rant:........i purchased a brand new s-16 from jsr 2 weeks ago.opened the box and saw adhesive residue on the barrel which would not wipe off. then i shot it and the varying levels of power were dreadful..then i noticed a gooey substance coming from 2 hex bolts along the rifles casing...well pissed off...sent a letter to logun with the gun asking for a replacement or refund....guess what they want to repair the gun (ive been without gun for 1 week as it is) then return it to me....a 500 quid faulty brand new gun!!!...i think its a disgrace to be trated this way...i like the gun and would love a replacement(working) but does anyone else think im out of order for not wanting a repaired gun?? cos i dont

your help would br greatly appreciated on this

cheers
    No consolation to you really, but consider this....

....if it had been an £800 Theoben rifle that was faulty they would also have expected you to pay the postage not only to them, but also for them to send it back to you as well.

David

jonathanjones Guest
    yes i admit the pick-up service was excellent and their staff are very polite, however i am without a rifle , i have missed two trips with my mates.. and its a great inconveniance (i had to arrange someone to be at my house for pick up), i feel that its quite a normal thing for logun to have rifles returned to them ...and it shouldnt be ..if it is not fit for its purpose then dont sell it...or label it as such e.g THIS GUN MAY NEED RETURNING TO BASE ..

as it stands im 500 quid lighter and nothing to show for it!!!

Darren Petts Guest
    Can you square this bad gun with this reliable one you were selling 10 days ago?
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=logun

Strange that one ey?

"1800 accupells with not one problem"

vs

"i purchased a brand new s-16 from jsr 2 weeks ago.opened the box and saw adhesive residue on the barrel which would not wipe off. then i shot it and the varying levels of power were dreadful..then i noticed a gooey substance coming from 2 hex bolts along the rifles casing...well pissed off..."

Bizarre.

Also - a 2 week old gun, that's been gone for a week already - so your initial 1800 accupels were shot in the first week?

Must've really hated it to shoot that many rounds through - just to be sure, like

Which was it then - a good un or a bad un?

and it was 2 weeks old 10 days ago too! blimey..

I've sussed your problem mate - they've mistakenly sold you a tardis instead of an airgun

I'll add my 2p worth
    Adhesive residue - no idea, possibly badly packaged?
    Varying power - also no idea, possibly silicon grease in the valve ports, or the bottle mating surfaces?
    Gooey substance - got the same on mine, keep wiping it off it'll stop before too long, I think its lube from the assembly stage.

Mine went back within a month or so as the bottle siezed into the adaptor housing, but it could be argued that I was using the wrong grease. Polite, fast service etc, back inside a fortnight.

While I've read all the rants on here about how bad they "can" be, since the one slip-up, mine has performed faultlessly ever since.

Be patient, let them do what they have to do and I'll bet that your mates will want to have a go when you get it back.

All the best

Ogri the trog
    Improvise, Adapt & Overcome

Originally posted by Darren Petts
    Can you square this bad gun with this reliable one you were selling 10 days ago?
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=logun
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Darren Petts Guest
    I think you missed my post there Ogri.
    Unless a quality explanation is forthcoming the guy was trying to sell this gun 10 days ago described as " as new", "totally reliable" and "good un".

Whats the bet we dont see another post?

Simon.
    Beretta 692 30" Sporter L/H Adjustable Stock
    Crooked Barn 2240 .22