Thread: Summary of current law?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Summary of current law?

Hi

Can anyone direct me to a summary of the current law on airguns.

Looking for a reasonable 1 or 2 page summary I can grab from an authorative source

The Police sites I've tried (Met, S Wales) still say 3 (Met say 6) months etc for armed trespass - surely it's now the 'Big 5'? - aren't upto date on the permissable ages etc

It's purely as a dogsbody of a leading and well-known club I'm updating the summary we put on the board.

We're trying to keep everyone upto speed and 'they' aren't making it easy - or is that the plan?

cheers

R

draftsmann Guest
    The best British firearms law overview IMHO is Cybershooters

Adrian

Law relating to airguns in the UK - this has a fairly recent list of offences and penalties, supplied by BASC /ATEO not long ago. This web page however needs updating since the recent Anti-Social Behaviour BiIll, now an Act(?) came into force. I'll get there soon!

Keith

C'mon Keith get on with it!!

Not as if you're busy with anything else

If you get a chance that'd be great

Cheers

R

Oi! Roger!

I know several areas of Shooting STARS need attention - Law, Insurance, News, Notice board and others. I have rather concentrated on the UK Hunter Series 2004 area lately for the obvious reasons - it is a bit active!!! But who's complaining about that!

I'm also trying to update all the European pages, with a 'take' on FT/HFT to see what is happening.

I had George from HAFTA (Greece FT association) on the phone for 45 minutes last night (he likes to talk to me sometimes and its been a while). The news there is that they have managed to get the law changed to allow telescopic sights! True! The law only allowed Olympic style shooting. It takesa a few emails from me to get things prompted! They go to the Minister for Sport as international interest and leverage!

The next Greek development is to get hunting with airguns legalised - hasn't been allowed for a very long time. Then, it'll be a great place for an airgun holiday ......

Keith

nealie Guest
    Originally posted by Road Runner
    Law relating to airguns in the UK - this has a fairly recent list of offences and penalties, supplied by BASC /ATEO not long ago. This web page however needs updating since the recent Anti-Social Behaviour BiIll, now an Act(?) came into force. I'll get there soon!

Keith
    I like the last law on this site..supplying to someone drunk or insane! hee hee hee

Oi....nutter!!

Neal