Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw45

Hw45

I've not had my hw45 very long, a week in fact! so far i'm very impressed. I have a few questions, mine has glowing spots on the sights, all the pictures in the Magazines and websites show normal one's, is this the norm?. The other thing is does anyone know how much a .177 barrel would be? and where is the best place to buy breech seals, as i can see mine is looking worn already!!
    Thanks
    James
    Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20 - Air Arms TX200 HC .177
    FX Verminator .177 - Theoben Evolution .177

All your spares are here:
    http://www.gunspares.co.uk/
    The fibreoptic sights are the norm now on new Weihrauch pistols I believe...my HW40 has them.
    Eric..

Excellent thanks, looks like they have everything i could ever need
    although no stock on the barrels.. but no rush for that!

Shotgun Holm Guest
    ya this new batch of HW45's all have fibre optics as do all new Weihrauchs and Beemans...the HW45's been around since the eighty's so that's probabl;y y you've seen pic of it without the bright sights
    Cheers, Mike

Talking Barrel spare

I got a new 22 barrel last week, ordered from local dealer after checking with Hull Cart' co they were in stock. As a single order I had to pay postage, even then it was only £28.

=

I did think about ringing hull cartridge, i was going to get a .177 but my local shop only had one left in .22, so me being me i bought it!. I would like a .177 barrel just in case i fancy a change, although i have enough trouble loading the .22 pellets with my sausage fingers!!

I take it i can just change the barrel from .22 to .177 ? without any other bits?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    I did think about ringing hull cartridge, i was going to get a .177 but my local shop only had one left in .22, so me being me i bought it!. I would like a .177 barrel just in case i fancy a change, although i have enough trouble loading the .22 pellets with my sausage fingers!!

I take it i can just change the barrel from .22 to .177 ? without any other bits?
    Yep!!...straightforward changover..just a couple of countersunk allen screws holding a bar across the barrel IIRC...
    Eric.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Yep!!...straightforward changover..just a couple of countersunk allen screws holding a bar across the barrel IIRC...
    Eric.
    Always worth a small amount of grease on the threads before you reassemble.

cheers for the replies chaps, all sounds very easy, except i'm guessing that i may run into trouble with the VCR bollo*ks about ordering the barrel ?

There's no problem ordering parts unless you're building WMDs....
    Eric.

i am, a .177 super gun with a 6" long barrel, watch out it's lethal up to 6 yards

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    cheers for the replies chaps, all sounds very easy, except i'm guessing that i may run into trouble with the VCR bollo*ks about ordering the barrel ?

I think you will mate yes. Pressure bearing parts are restricted to F2F from a dealer. See here: http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopcontent.asp?type=News

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I think you will mate yes. Pressure bearing parts are restricted to F2F from a dealer. See here: http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopcontent.asp?type=News

That's right, they can't send via post, only from a RFD, y'know if I read it right barrels can be sent if they're 'in the white' I assume this means unfinished

=

I'll be trying to order one in a week of so, just have to see what they say. If it's a no, then i'll visit the shop i bought the gun from and see if they will recive it for me. I think they have RFD status.

you are aware that when loading,you should push the pellets all the way in the barrel with no skirt protruding so it doesn't cut the breech seal?