Thread: I’m looking for a project, a springer this time??

Talking I’m looking for a project, a springer this time??

You can see my previous projects here:- www.ora8i.co.uk

I’d like:-

Something worth having once done.
    Reasonable condition i.e. not a rusty old wreck I can’t fix rust!
    Any calibre
    Scope rail
    Potentially decent trigger, A later RWS/Diana/Original is Ok they improved the three ball design to make it easier to work on.

Price – that depends on what it is, if it’s Chinese it’s got to be very cheep! It would be interesting to see if the DIY Lazer Glide shown on a Spanish site would make something of one of those guns.

That’s about it, so if you have something that might fit the bill or if you have any suggestions that aren’t illegal, immoral or fattening please let me know.

Thanks All Ora

draftsmann Guest
    Some suggestions, including two with a Spanish flavour :

1. Attempt to recreate Mr Bowkett's feat of getting 12 ft lb out of a BSA Meteor, while keeping it shootable.

2. A similar conversion on an ASI Sniper or Paratrooper repeater - -maybe including a bullpup conversion with scope intermount designed to clear the magazine tube.

3. The piece de resistance - the ASI Sniper, a rarely seen recoilless break barrel air rifle operating on a sliding sledge basis like the RWS 54 and TX200SR that came after it. Surprisingly good, and power not a problem. Looks and finish a bit naff. Maybe a DIY military stock, or even another bullpup project. I know a shop where there is a tired but redeemable one for just 45 quid......

Adrian

How about a Gamo - this chap did a DIY Lazaglide on his

http://aire.webcindario.com/art1.htm

Edit for totally wrong URL!!!
    Last edited by marcusj; 29-04-2004 at 04:09 PM.

Surprisingly I was looking at an article about sliding sledge Gammo in one of the reference books just last night. I’m surprised that a collector hasn’t snapped it up anything old and unusual seems to go.

Where’s the shop, in the UK I hope?

Regards Ora

I did have a think about the Meteor, and I don’t think there are too many options. If the conversion didn’t rattle your fillings out then it wasn’t a weighted piston or just a stronger spring/more pre-load.

So it’s got to be more air
    • Either

Some sort of slimmer piston head

Or

****************************************** (Don’t want to get my wrist slaped.)

Probably the latter as it’s the way they used to power up the 80’s. You would need a lathe to do it well and I ain’t got one.

Ora

draftsmann Guest
    You should have mail Ora

Adrian