Thread: Pistol HFT

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex

Pistol HFT

Someone give me an idea please re targets no.'s KZ sizes and distances allowed usual.

Equipment allowed ie types of pistol and sights.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Andy

I'm not sure that there is an official set of rules for pistol HFT - each club seems to do it differently. We normally hold a pistol HFT at Ford on the 3rd Sunday of the month. We use 15 knockdown targets out to 25 yards, with the usual 1 for a plate 2 for a knockdown but those beyond 20 are usually 2 for both a plate or knockdown, 0 for a miss. We do use reducers! We do 2 rounds of 15 taking two shots at each target per round ie total of 4 shots per target = 60 shots, so out of 120.

We sensitise the targets using a strip of magnetised plastic or similar(small coin stuck down also works). When funds allow we intend buying a set of targets which will be permanently sensitised.

Top score last time was 104 ex 120, top chaps use Rohms with scopes or red dots. I used a BSA Scorpion with open sights and scored 75/120 and was well pleased. It is great fun. You are more than welcome to join in(though the next one clashes with the SIHFT so it may be rescheduled...)

An HW40 with a red dot will put you in with a fighting chance with the top boys.

Rgds

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Wish I lived "darn sarth"...love to have a go at that!!....
    Eric.

We hold our monthly Pistol HFT comp on the 1st Saturday of the month at Lea Valley. We have targets where the paddle only drops, so pistol friendly down to around 1.5fpe.
    We have 3 classes :- SCOPED..Any pistol with a scope up to 4x mag
    RED DOT.........Any pistol with a red dot sight
    OPEN SIGHTS...Any pistol with open sights.

Check out the LVAGC website for past scores and info http://www.lvagc.com/

Andy Y
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Andy

We sensitise the targets using a strip of magnetised plastic or similar(small coin stuck down also works). When funds allow we intend buying a set of targets which will be permanently sensitised.

Rgds

Richard
    Thanks for the reply Richard but for the thick Northern Monkey can you explain the above a bit please.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Thanks for the reply Richard but for the thick Northern Monkey can you explain the above a bit please.

Monkey
    I'll explain at the Oaks on Sunday, ees very easy(I would do it on here but can't think of the name of the bit of the mechanism you put the spacer under...)

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Hi Richard

It goes under the foot of the paddle.

Barry
    Daystate Mk4 Sport Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP, Twinmaster Sport Simmons 1.5-5x20, HW40 Bushnell Trophy Red Dot.

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Who's sadistic/sick enough to use a Gat?!
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Big Mat is offline Formerly Fire Bunnys, and doesn't ask for much!
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    Who's sadistic/sick enough to use a Gat?!
    me me!