Thread: STEYR Silhouette Pistol!

STEYR Silhouette Pistol!

Bumped into Harry Preston at the Lancashire Championships - looks like our Austrian friends are launching a new pistol, based around the LP50 action, but aimed squarely at the red dot scene -ambi grip (looks like you can get two paws around it comfortably if needed), scope rail, no foresight etc - looks very tasty, but I dread to think what the price will be Steyr haven't confirmed the final options with the pistol yet.

Not sure what the mods say about posting actual web links, so just google Steyr Sportwaffen to take you to their site, click on Downloads and scroll down to the Air Pistols section for the LP50 Silhouette leaflet.

Strictly one arm and iron sights for me so far, but this looks very tempting.....

Saw a prototype a few months back. No idea what changes have been made, but it was quite an interesting piece of kit visually.
    I suppose it might catch on for PP shooting, if the magazine capacity was adequate.

Addition: Just had a look, wow that's different!/changed. Any idea why it's switched to a manual action?.

I couldn't find it!

Is it against the rules to post a link....?

Look at the brochure/flyer for LP Silhouette.

http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/site...992247def3cb4e

As regards the manual operation, if this gun has had its power increased compared to the standard versions might they be wary of producing a full power semi auto? Just a thought.

Iain

I don't think they've got the barrel length right......

But I want one!

Jonathan