Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May's Results for UBC Pistol Competition

Graham Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    The biting begins

I did think of splitting the classes, however it has done before with the two classes togather.

Now Eredel mentioned about using PCP Pistol. Now that one will definetly need a new catogory

So for next month I could split it into 3 catogories.

And either only allow one type, of pistol per person , that way Snooper doesn't get 3 golds . Or let it be open to everyone.

As Tarketmark has already said it's for 'FUN'

Opinions please...
    I think it's fine the way it is, it's easy enough to glance down the list and realise that you don't have enough fingers to count the springers above you anyway. Otherwise you start splitting gun types, calibres...... before you know it Paddy has a full time job!

pneumatics are recoilless so they have an unfair advantage over spring pistols so to be fair there should be a class for recoiling and 1 for recoilless(SSP,PCP,CO2) and 1 entry per class so everyone has the same equal chance.

well done to snooper for winning either with ssp and spring

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Ditto, delighted with an almost mid-table score and am therefore saving the excuses for next month.

Excellent job Paddy, well done and thanks!

BTW John, you do know it's 5 pellets at each target and not 10.

Thanks Graham.

I've amended the score sheet as it was my error .

Welldone now print off your bronze badge.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    pneumatics are recoilless so they have an unfair advantage over spring pistols so to be fair there should be a class for recoiling and 1 for recoilless(SSP,PCP,CO2) and 1 entry per class so everyone has the same equal chance.

well done to snooper for winning either with ssp and spring
    Well done Snooper601.....This man does'nt seem does'nt seem to find a recoiling spring too much of a handicap

Kinda bears out what I've thought all along - that technique is more important than the hardware.......

Got any tips to share Snooper.......????

PS - what's UBC.....
    Useless body control?

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Well done Snooper601.....This man does'nt seem does'nt seem to find a recoiling spring too much of a handicap

Kinda bears out what I've thought all along - that technique is more important than the hardware.......

Got any tips to share Snooper.......????
    Errrr, practice like the Telly Tubbies, 'Again....Again!'

Try to vary your grip strength, and when you find what works try to repeat it.
    When you try to repeat it you will eventually get a 'Muscle memory' and it will become more consistent.

Practice more with the hardest pistol, then the easy PCP, SSP will become a doddle. Like shooting a Springer in HFT, it really improves your technique.

Make sure that the grip fits well, that's why I bought the Pachmayer ones for the HW45, they make the grip fit well and make it more repeatable.

Knock down targets are more rewarding than paper too, it gradually brings your groups down without you getting despondent.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

then explain why snoopers gamo compact scored higher than his hw45?

Graham Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Thanks Graham.

I've amended the score sheet as it was my error .

Welldone now print off your bronze badge.

Thanks Paddy, I was kind of hoping you wouldn't, it gave me a 10 point head start for improving next month. Now I do actually have to improve!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I think it's fine the way it is, it's easy enough to glance down the list and realise that you don't have enough fingers to count the springers above you anyway. Otherwise you start splitting gun types, calibres...... before you know it Paddy has a full time job!
    I totally agree, we have started the comp, the rules are the rules and no one had a problem with them before we started so they should stay as they are.

Paddy has done a fine job setting this up, if different classes are wanted then someone else should run a comp along side this one, the more practise we all get the better i say.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

PS - what's UBC.....
    Useless body control?
    Umarex Boy's Club, we started out as a hand full of Pistol heads that kept hi-jacking threads to talk about pistols, so eventually the mods gave us our own section.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...265657&page=11

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268048
    Last edited by cookie; 04-05-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

He's within 7 points of the next highest placed guy with a SSP for chissakes!
    (3½% worse) damn, I'd be happy with that

I ain't saying the hardware won't get you a few points more - just that it's not really a major factor until you've reached the limit of the kit you've got....

I'm not close to that limit yet

Not really seeing what your problem is, this is a fun comp the only person you are really competing against is yourself, this is a fun way to improve our shooting instead of just plinking at targets.

It's not the Olympics

Hi you guys

I've added this to the first post.

Split into catogories

SPRING
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...resultsmay.jpg

SINGLE STROKE
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...resultsmay.jpg

Because I've not changed the percentage of the scoring in the catorgories the badge system stays the same . Just abit more clearer.

However if PCP does become an option, the percentage on the scores for that one WILL be different.

God I wish I went shooting today (only joking)
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Not really seeing what your problem is, this is a fun comp the only person you are really competing against is yourself, this is a fun way to improve our shooting instead of just plinking at targets.

It's not the Olympics
    My sentiments exactly. Says the person who came 21st
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Graham Guest
    He's within 7 points of the next highest placed guy with a SSP for chissakes!
    (3½% worse) damn, I'd be happy with that

I ain't saying the hardware won't get you a few points more - just that it's not really a major factor until you've reached the limit of the kit you've got....

I'm not close to that limit yet
    Have to agree, the gap between different guys using the same gun is much bigger than the gap between Johns two guns, therefore the shooters skill is more of a factor than the hardware.