Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: May's Results for UBC Pistol Competition

Thanks Guys.

Like AirArmsDavid has said & I've said before. This makes you want to shoot the pistol to a higher standard. I'm not fussed about winner. Well not yet anyway

For next months dates.

I'm suggesting
    Sat 31 May - Sat 7 June. That way people that can shoot at a club has the option of two days

Then submit the scores to me over the course of the week & then I'll submit the scores into two catogories.

Now if there are enough people who want to use PCP pistols I will do another catogory. However the badge system will be at a different percentage system.

Now no one has mentioned Co2 (or am I making too much work for my self )

Opinions please.

p.s the different catorgories isn't a problem just working out a percentage score for PCP or Co2 not sure on what way to go.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi All
    Just like to add my thanks to PadE for setting up this comp, only just got online as I was away yesterday and I finished better than I expected with lots of scope to improve as well. I would like a CO2 class so that I could use my Colt 1911, now that would be fun, line up four mags with five pellets in each mag on the bench stop watch next to pistol also on bench GO start watch then load and shoot as quick as you can last shot return pistol to banch and stop the watch wonder what sort of time I could do bet the scores would be pretty low though Still if you allow CO2 I would be up for that with my 1911 though at a more reserved pace probably would not score much more but fun
    WELL DONE every one now to practise for next month ATB Keith

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Talking

Heh, Heh, so PCP's might be allowed eh?
    a couple of small mods....after all, plenty of room for a receiver, that and a sawn-off stock and wee bit' o weight-training on the old arms and the next gold's MINE......
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've won I've won ,oh bo*####**s its the spoon ,never mind theres always next time .It took me the first target to realise my aiming point was about 10" higher then my lads hence the rubbish first score,i asked him if we could count that as a practice" no bloody chance and i dont care if you with-hold my pocket money either you've still lost!" came the reply.
    Thanks Pad for all the work and time youve put into this mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jega View Post
    I've won I've won ,oh bo*####**s its the spoon ,never mind theres always next time .It took me the first target to realise my aiming point was about 10" higher then my lads hence the rubbish first score,i asked him if we could count that as a practice" no bloody chance and i dont care if you with-hold my pocket money either you've still lost!" came the reply.
    Thanks Pad for all the work and time youve put into this mate.
    No worries mate, & as for you coming last, that is normally my spot & I'm not joking. So say thanks to your son from me However he only beat me be .5%

So once again thanks to all & look forward to next months competition.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Well done all!!!.....
    Thanks Paddy...you're doing a great job...this is really getting everyone fired up...
    Eric.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Talking Suck & Blow

For those looking to invest in a Gamo compact theres a minter sitting on airgunfloor'em for £110.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pete R View Post

For those using Gamo Compacts, did you know that the Compact has a built in dry firing capability, just cock the action about 1/3 to 1/2 way and you will hear a small click, then close and lock the upper body, the trigger mech is now cocked although the cylinder is not charged therefore allowing dry firing practise.

ATB

Pete
    Pete,

Found that out by complete accident last week, (didn't do me any bloody good....

As for Co2, tried it with my EB22 - can hardly hit the damn card never mind the Bull........ (but if we have a category, I'll join in.)

And how about one for the BB's then I can use my PPK

I'll have one in all 4 groups (sorry Paddy.) then, that will be interesting...
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    plenty wrong with my beeman..bent valve stem

if my lady buys me a pistol for my birthday,i'll repair the beeman then auction it off(with permission of admin) with all proceeds going to help for heroes.
    Fair play fella, new valve stem about £7 from Chambers. get a new valve seal at the same time.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Fair play fella, new valve stem about £7 from Chambers. get a new valve seal at the same time.
    no need ..it looks like all the seals were replaced quite recently.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Many thanks to all that have said kind words for me

How about a special badge for the most improved score each month, compared to the previous month's scores?

I know I can't do much better, so someone else can get something from trying hard

In answer to the questions about the difference between the SSP and Springer scores, it is easier with the Gamo Compact for me as the grip pressure has much less effect on score, but with the HW45 it's the most important thing to control as it has the biggest effect on your grouping and thus scores.

Try shooting some practice shots and varying the grip pressure, you'll soon see the effect on a springer. Also try to make sure your trigger finger does not change the grip pressure when you squeeze the trigger, same result but smaller deviation.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Good morning gentlemen

Can't believe we're on the forth page already & yes Eredel it has got everyone fired up

Thanks Snooper for those tips. I hope I can put them to good practice!

I do like the idea of the best improved score. It shouldn't be that hard to work out.

Firestorm remember you said you'd to do the next set of badges

As for 4 categories it all depends on how many will enter. So I might just do a poll with visible names.

I think thats it the date still stands for the June as Sat 31 May - Sat 7 June.

That's enough time to work how types we are shooting.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

M100Elan is offline Mind of an athlete...body of a genius
    Damn I've missed out here!! Whats the format that you guys shoot? I'll dig out my old FAS AP604 for the next round see if I can wrestle last place and that nice spoon off of the current chumpion
    Daystate MK4iS .177 - HFT rig
    Skan Bullpup .177 - Plinker
    Airarms ProTarget .177 - FT rig.

Quote Originally Posted by M100Elan View Post
    Damn I've missed out here!! Whats the format that you guys shoot? I'll dig out my old FAS AP604 for the next round see if I can wrestle last place and that nice spoon off of the current chumpion
    Hi

Look at the first post >>HERE<< it has the rules on it.

You just need to give all the criteria of your air pistol so I can put on the score sheet.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

M100Elan is offline Mind of an athlete...body of a genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi

Look at the first post >>HERE<< it has the rules on it.

You just need to give all the criteria of your air pistol so I can put on the score sheet.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Cool, My indoor range is about 6 yards (along my landing and into the master bedroom) I guess I've missed this month but next month that spoon is mine My pistol is a FAS AP 604 single stroke Pnumatic.
    Daystate MK4iS .177 - HFT rig
    Skan Bullpup .177 - Plinker
    Airarms ProTarget .177 - FT rig.