Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blowback co2 pistols

Blowback co2 pistols

I'm a sucker for blowback pistols; and dislike the CP88 style opening-up-the-slide business.
    I know blowback isn't great for accuracy, but I already have a twinmaster for that , so was wondering which co2 airpistols are blowback.

So far, I've found:

- Umarex desert eagle
    - (Umarex?) Walther PPK
    - Possibly PX4

Can anyone suggest/recommend any others?

Thanks

Matt

tigman is offline Beaten by the sweary filter
    the Beretta PX4 is a blowback with twin 8 rd rotary mags - 1 at either end and is a hoot to shoot
    Family fun day event in Calne Wiltshire 2012
    Wincanton Arms Fair 9th Sept 2012 space for 600 stall's, parking upto 12,000
    contact via pm for more details

The Umarex Des' Eag' is THE BEST. Good heft, satisfying "flip" from the slide and pretty damn accurate too. Lovely and loud indoors and it's hard to resist emptying the mag' as fast as your trigger finger can manage!

Neil B
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

The CP99 compact should go on your list it is more accurate than the ppk and has quite a kick,

Anics skif A3000 and the Crosman Pro77. Anics are also making a new gun which is not yet available in the UK and may be blowback, check out their site.

Quote Originally Posted by jtw000 View Post
    Anics skif A3000 and the Crosman Pro77. Anics are also making a new gun which is not yet available in the UK and may be blowback, check out their site.
    The Skiff isnt blowback, I have one and its basically russian junk that jams constantly with an incredibly heavy trigger. I look forward to the new one though.

Quote Originally Posted by tigman View Post
    the Beretta PX4 is a blowback with twin 8 rd rotary mags - 1 at either end and is a hoot to shoot
    I've had a bit of a play with one of these & they are very comfy to hold & seem to be well made. Trouble is, I think they are smooth bore.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Tried all the above and in my view the most energetic and well built was the PPK.
    The others are too plastic and the DE doesn't honestly produce much in way of blow-back or power.

Of course the PPK isn't very accurate, but this can be resolved easily enough.
    At least you know when it's fired .

Quote Originally Posted by MattR123 View Post
    I'm a sucker for blowback pistols; and dislike the CP88 style opening-up-the-slide business.
    I know blowback isn't great for accuracy, but I already have a twinmaster for that , so was wondering which co2 airpistols are blowback.

So far, I've found:

- Umarex desert eagle
    - (Umarex?) Walther PPK
    - Possibly PX4

Can anyone suggest/recommend any others?

Thanks

Matt
    The Walther CP99 Compact also has blowback.

If you like how they look, then I would say the PPK (S) with it's metal construction is the best looking of the bunch. The only thing I found, at least with mine, is that out of the box it was very low on power (more of a 'chink' noise came out of it rather than a 'bang') and it took quite a few co2 capsules through it before it began performing better. The accuracy on them is also almost non existent (or perhaps I was just crap), but for fast fire blowback, they are very fun guns.

My names Bond.........Premium Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Tried all the above and in my view the most energetic and well built was the PPK.
    The others are too plastic and the DE doesn't honestly produce much in way of blow-back or power.

Of course the PPK isn't very accurate, but this can be resolved easily enough.
    At least you know when it's fired .

Picked mine up today, cracking little piece of kit (when you read the instructions properly)

Korium, interested how you can resolve the accuracy...

ATB

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Thanks for all the advice, its very hard to choose
    Ill go for the PPK if advice is given on how to improve its accuracy I think, especially if it has an all metal construction.

Lightbulb

DON'T get one until you've handled the CP99 COMPACT blowback

you may well have a mindchange

louder,better weight,and far better construction,makes PPK seem toylike.

HIH

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Korium, interested how you can resolve the accuracy...
    Basically just fit a Drozd barrel.
    Other work is possible like getting it to feed lead BBs more reliable and I expect a better barrel than the Drozd could be machined to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Basically just fit a Drozd barrel.
    Other work is possible like getting it to feed lead BBs more reliable and I expect a better barrel than the Drozd could be machined to fit.
    Where does one find a spare Drozd barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by MattR123 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice, its very hard to choose
    Ill go for the PPK if advice is given on how to improve its accuracy I think, especially if it has an all metal construction.
    I had a lothar walther machined up by leupys custom shop.
    Can get 1" groupings at 6m so long as I am completely correct in semi auto shooting technique.
    Power is still carp unless ambient temp is up.