Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
All went well, mate. I arrived at about 4pm just before the fun shoot started. There was just enough time to say my hellos and buy a load of raffle tickets before we were bundled into the range next door for the pistol shoot. I won that, for getting the lowest score!! The vino and chocs dulled the pain of embarrassment, though.

Bill Sanders and Terry handed over 3 new target rifles from Air Arms. These were RN10 actions in laminated stocks, but with all the latest tech inside them. The sights were donated by RUAG. Rosie was very happy..

Both Terry and Bill were stunned at the amount of work done, and how the work has made a difference. Rikki told us that the BBC Oxford team have been charting the progress of the works, and he says that his mate on that team wants to air it.

More money came in from the NSRA - £512. Well done NSRA!!!

Cadburys have been round because they selected three paralympic sports to sponsor with their time and business acumen, and have promised to work with the DTSGB to raise their profile. More importantly, they supplied boxes of free choccy. Well done Cadburys.

Dinner was the ubiquitous Chinky or Indian.

There was a quiz, which our team: the ''How should I knows'', won. The prize? Nothing. The team with fewest points won the prize.

Then there was the ever-entertaining raffle. Most of us walked away with various prizes.

Next thing to do is to arrange the next works party.
Good account of the shoot/party Snock but the £512 came from Countryman Fairs (not NSRA) they sold pin badges on our behalf at the game fairs this year so thanks must go to them. We have hidden the chocolate so it's safe for the next work party!! Have a great Christmas everyone and hope to see you all again next year.
Rosie