View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Please put my name down for a working party as well. My only construction experience has been in the DIY line (stop moaning you builders/'leccys/plumbers etc, I don't destroy everything I touch) so I'd probably be limited to labourer but I'll bring my stuff (such as it is) and help out.
    I've had a look at the page where one can apply for Lottery funding and it seems simple enough, anyone have any experience in this sort of thing?
    "Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM!"

Challenge Anneka?

The lottery fund can only be approached by SM or perhaps the shooters if they have officials. It would not be possible for outsiders to do it on their behalf.

Amongst others I have contacted

http://www.efds.net
    emails to some MP's
    emailed BASC, Countryside Alliance
    posted on a few forums
    contacted the disability sports section of the beeb

This is a national disgrace and needs to be put right. It may be seen a feather in the cap of this BBS as the instigators of some action if we can see a result. It does not matter how it gets done, it must just be done.

If an entrepeneur was to step forward reacting to publicity I don't think we should be unhappy. If the media was to shove it in the face of the public it would do our sport more good than harm.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Happy to help where I can once we know what direction we are going in, I have friends in the building trade I may be able to get to help, two of my best mates one runs a plasterering company the other is an engineer of some sort working on the design and build of large buiding projects, hospitals/schools/hotels etc, way over my head but he may be willing to help, I'll ask him Saturday when I see him.

Rob.
    AA S510R TDR Hawke Vantage SF 4-16X44