View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This might be a big job, are we looking at dressing up a rusty old nissan hut of should we be looking more long tern and a complete new building?

A new structure would require some serious money behind it. Perhaps planning permission. A modern prefab building might do it, are we just looking at airguns or is bigger stuff being fired?

I'm thinking it may need help from the media. There could be a good story here. We are talking about disabled at one of the countries top hospitals, a place where paralympians train, a National Sports facilty, another disgrace whilst Labour are in power. So many angles that could be used by the press.

What sort of funding would we be looking at? 20k, 50k, 100k? A trifling ammount when you consider how much is being spent on 2012. Theres plenty of major contractors sitting idle waiting to start on that project, perhaps they should practice on this one first.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

and that is an absolutely top idea Good one smokeless coal... Hmm wonder which newspaper would bemost interested in a' look how we treat our disabled paralympic hopefuls' article....

Thumbs up

Seems to me that an appeal would raise quite a lot of cash. Also if it could have charitable status then all donations to it would have tax relief.
    I'm sure that TD is on to this but it seems to me that the Airgun comics could play their part here. What with him being a top journalist writing for them and all that innit?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Mods,

Can we make this a sticky, "lest we forget".

Nealsey
    I'm back.