View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Born Again Guest
    Nice ideas Paddy, I have contacts in the newspaper industry but I'm not sure if anyone will connect themselves with shooting, especially as they sell so many papers on the back of sensationalist gun-control headlines.

Maybe the National Lottery would be a better hope.

One thing is for sure , if we all turn up with tools we will be able to improve what's already there, even if it's only better lighting, draft excluding and a lick of paint.

One fly in the ointment though, will their policy allow us to work on their site ? This could drown in red-tape if we're not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Again View Post

One thing is for sure , if we all turn up with tools we will be able to improve what's already there, even if it's only better lighting, draft excluding and a lick of paint.
    OK, chaps, I've spoken to the Secretary of the organisation - Disability Target Shooting Great Britain - and she's sorting out a priority list as we speak. She's absolutely overjoyed at your reaction, too.

Realistically, the prospect of getting a new building is a non-starter for all sorts of reasons, so it's a re-furb we're looking at here. What's being organised now is a meeting between the DTSGB people and a delegation from here, so we can work out between us what can and can't be done. There are 'structural complications' with the roof which will need expert input, and stopping the leaks is a major priority.

As soon as the DTSGB get back to me we'll sort out the advance party and we'll roll things out from there. Stay tuned, chaps, this IS going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    OK, chaps, I've spoken to the Secretary of the organisation - Disability Target Shooting Great Britain - and she's sorting out a priority list as we speak. She's absolutely overjoyed at your reaction, too.

Realistically, the prospect of getting a new building is a non-starter for all sorts of reasons, so it's a re-furb we're looking at here. What's being organised now is a meeting between the DTSGB people and a delegation from here, so we can work out between us what can and can't be done. There are 'structural complications' with the roof which will need expert input, and stopping the leaks is a major priority.

As soon as the DTSGB get back to me we'll sort out the advance party and we'll roll things out from there. Stay tuned, chaps, this IS going to happen.
    Well done Terry, let's hope we have some roofers on here as well.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

Well done Terry, as a disabled shooter I am only too aware of the problems that exist, shooting fullbore at military ranges for a start! Clubs advertise as being disabled friendly yet expect everyone to be able to walk the 300m to the butts to do butt duty You can use a bicycle, fine if your disability allows but mine doesnt, and vehicles are not allowed at the butts

Myself and a couple of others got around it by having someone put several airgun size targets onto the std target board and using spotting scopes so not needing anyone to mark for us, but that took a lot of persuading as clubs dont like any changes!

Good luck with this venture it will be greatly appreciated of that I am sure

baz
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Guest Guest
    I am good at breaking things and putting up tents.

If I can help with 'anything' yell!

Main skills are in Telecoms and Organisational Planning but more than happy to jump in at 'hands on' level as well.

Dave