View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink Digging party

How do I begin to thank you all for your support in getting our shooting range watertight and warm. The roof no longer leaks and after yesterdays digging party the water won't come under the side wall. We are all really gratefully to you. Without your help we would be spending another winter with the buckets collecting the rainwater and the start of each training weekend mopping up water in the range. Once the guttering in the gulleys is sealed we will be able to dry out completely. Just one correction I don't run the shooting squad (I'm not that clever) I'm just the secretary of DTSGB. I look forward to meeting a few more of you when we have raised enough money to buy the materials needed and can organise the 'back wall' weekend.
    Rosie and every member of DTSGB

You're more than welcome, Rosie.
    I've enjoyed every minute of being up at the ranges, and I'm enjoying helping out in this immensely deserving cause!

It's a pleasure to help.

Best regards,

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Much obliged, Rosie, and thanks to Pete and Richard for their efforts, and to Paul (Lobberman) for organising the roof-sealing job. More thanks to everyone who has donated to this worthy cause, and here's to the next phase.

Well-done, everybody!

Rosie and Rich,

I've been back to the ranges yesterday to make-safe the soak-away we dug. I've filled it in now, so nobody should be at risk if they managed to get around the back.

Pete.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Rosie and Rich,

I've been back to the ranges yesterday to make-safe the soak-away we dug. I've filled it in now, so nobody should be at risk if they managed to get around the back.

Pete.
    You've filled the man-trap in?

Has it rained yet, does it work?

What can we do about the gulleys?
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    You've filled the man-trap in?

Has it rained yet, does it work?

What can we do about the gulleys?
    Yes.

Yes, and yes.

Dunno.

In all seriousness, Rich - I really don't know what the plan is for the guttering.
    It should, as you're aware, be a complete replacement, but I think before we go on we must know how much money the fund has.

Terry or Rosie, can we get this info, please?

Pete.
    Last edited by snock; 15-11-2007 at 05:15 PM.

funds raised so far

I will get on to John our treasurer and find out the exact amount that has been raised but I'm pretty sure that it was all used up paying for the roof.
    I'm away this weekend so may not have an answer for you until the begining of next week
    Rosie