View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 10 of 149 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealsey View Post
    Kieran,

Good start mate. I am expecting a uilging of that size to have a
    3 phase supply, probably lead covered armoured looking at the age and
    state of repair of the building.

Guessing we would need a distribution board with RCD breaker and MCB's.

As far as cabling and containment, I think it wll depend on 3 things,
    load, environment and cost. We will need to be mindful of what we
    can deliver and what our budget is. Better to deliver a good basic job
    that run out of money trying to do fancy stuff. I think our main issues
    will be luminaires on the shooting lanes, as fully protected fittings do
    not come cheap. Maybe we could think about halogen floods to light the
    lanes from behind the shooter, relatively cheap and bright enough for the job.

I will put some more thought into it once we have the drawings put
    together, but, think about Earthing/Bonding, in an all steel shelled building
    there will be plenty of it.

Nealsey

oh so the building is a big bugger! Have you got Any pictures? If the building is of tin sheet construction then there will neeed to be a structural bond coming from the dist. to the sheeting at any point.

By the looks of things we will defintetley need a new dist. board with relevant mcb's and rcd's where applicable. As for cable outside it will most likely be SWA cable and sealed fluroescent fittings.

As for bonding we will need a 10mm CPC to both the main water stop tap and to the main gas incoming pipe, the useual cross bonding at sinks etc. will also apply.

We really need a good good look around and someone who really does know his onions to electrically look at this job and decide what we need and how we are going to do it with the amount available.

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    just been mooching around for IP65 rated fittings and have come up with this lot

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...89363&id=85160

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TNC36.html

not cheap!

Dont jump the gun, perhaps some areas are in good order. Wait for the results of the recce party.

So far it seems the leaky roof and broken loos are the obvious.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

“If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Originally quoted by MAD MARK
    I WILL BE COMING ASWELL JUST TO MAKE SURE YOUR ALL DOING YA JOBS RIGHT
    THATS ALL WE NEED, SENILE (DID I SPELL SENIOR RIGHT) MANAGEMENT

OH WELL THE BAD JOKES WILL MAKE EVERYONE WORK FASTER

ONLY KIDDING MARK

BOB
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Like Snock, I live 5 minutes from Stoke Mandeville and I thought the shooting hall was derelict many years ago. My son is visually impaired but loves his air rifle shooting and would love to join a club like that. If there is anything we can do to help count us in. I have just passed my forklift and cherry picker courses so I might be of some use. We are more than happy to come along on Saturday if you need any more help.

Hi guys.
    Given the exceptional nature of this thread, I thought I'd put it in front of one of the most rabid anti-gun/airgun SNP Scottish Ministers, Kenny MacAskill. He has a total downer on all things gun/airgun.

Here is the email I sent;

To: MacAskill K (Kenny), MSP

Sent: Mon Jun 18 21:19:13 2007

Subject: AIrguns/guns/Olympics

Dear Mr. MacAskill,

I have emailed Alex Salmond on this issue previously but presumably, he's too busy to reply, so I thought I'd try for a response from yourself.

Given the SNP's ill thought out anti gun stance, how does the SNP see a way forward to allowing members of the shooting fraternity to compete at the upcoming Olympic Games?

There are numerous shooting disciplines in the Games, both "real" guns and airguns, that you yourself, seem to have a particular dislike for.

Given the complete fiasco that has been the lot of the moronic post Dunblane legislation, is it not about time that this idiotic law was repealed, since it has very clearly been demonstrated that there is absolutely NO correlation between legally held guns and crime? A 60% rise in gun crime clearly shows this.

If you have read this far, can I ask you to have a look at this;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201760

This is the calibre (pun very definitely intended) of the people you seek to take responsibly held guns away from.

It is long gone time that MPs/MSPs learned that throwing legislation at a problem does NOT effect a cure.

What is required is education and a rigorous application of the already Draconian legislation we have.

I look forward to your reply,

Sandy Smith

I got a fast reply saying the email was being sent directly to him but surprise, surprise, his response was typically political;

Dear Mr Smith

Thank-you for your recent email. I will consider your views carefully when this issue is discussed both inside and outside of parliament.

Regards

Kenny MacAskill

And people wonder why I won't vote for the Scottish Tories (SNP)

Sandy
    Last edited by Mnementh; 20-06-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tancho View Post
    Like Snock, I live 5 minutes from Stoke Mandeville and I thought the shooting hall was derelict many years ago. My son is visually impaired but loves his air rifle shooting and would love to join a club like that. If there is anything we can do to help count us in. I have just passed my forklift and cherry picker courses so I might be of some use. We are more than happy to come along on Saturday if you need any more help.
    Hi mate,

We've got a small recce party going Saturday, so I don't think we need anymore just yet, but once we get an idea of what needs doing, your services may well be needed.

Terry, my 'net connection is down again so I can't check my emails to see if Rosie has confirmed the time as 10:30 or not, but I'll call her later today if I can't access my inbox.

I'm hoping to get some laminated signs done today which will point you in the right direction once you get to the stores on the map I sent you.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Guys,

Great call this one, when you sort a working party date I'll be up for it.

Take care, Voldemort
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.

I'd love to help also. I don't have any real skills as such but I've got strong arms and a willingness to put in some graft.
    Break your backs and crack your oars men! If you wish to prevail.

Just wondering are DTSGB a registered charity? Perhaps someone on the recce team could ask.
    So much better if our traders have an official collecting tin with a charity number if they want to collect at displays etc.

Half in Torquay, half in a wood in north Worcester

Thumbs up

I'd be pleased to offer any help I can.

Whilst I'm not likely to be much use in the manual sense, being far more of a demolisher than a builder, I have been managing and delivering services for people with a range of disabilities for many years. As a result, I know my way around charitable organisations, grant applications and professional 'begging', much of which now relies on an understanding of stuff like outcomes, targets (no pun intended), PC language about disability issues and project management jargon.

If at any time you need someone to prepare grant bids, project plans, funding schedules or draft up suitably PC letters / proposals, let me know. I also have access to all of the latest information about grant-making bodies in the UK and the criteria they use to allocate funding.

Adam.
    Serial .300 Win' Mag' fondler

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    I'd be pleased to offer any help I can.

Whilst I'm not likely to be much use in the manual sense, being far more of a demolisher than a builder, I have been managing and delivering services for people with a range of disabilities for many years. As a result, I know my way around charitable organisations, grant applications and professional 'begging', much of which now relies on an understanding of stuff like outcomes, targets (no pun intended), PC language about disability issues and project management jargon.

If at any time you need someone to prepare grant bids, project plans, funding schedules or draft up suitably PC letters / proposals, let me know. I also have access to all of the latest information about grant-making bodies in the UK and the criteria they use to allocate funding.

Adam.
    Offer noted, mate. Thanks for making it. Stand by to be exploited as and when the need arises.

What about contacting the TV prog DIY SOS to see if they could help.

Our club donated an S200 to the junior section that has just started there.
    Regards
    Bob