View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 109 of 149 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post

What to suggest to gee folks up?
    I'm all out of ideas, mate.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I'm all out of ideas, mate.
    All out? you haven't even come up with an idea yet!

We've tried bribing with free beer, free takaway, chocolate, cheesecake, lollies, a great feeling of knowing you'll be helping the british olympic team, what else can we offer?

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    hey guys ive had a look through the thread and i cant quite work out whats going on, other than cheese cake seems to feature quite prominently

are you still trying to improve the quality of the shooting area at stoke?

if you could do with an extra hand about the place, for general fetching, carrying, making tea, etc. then next time you're going id be more than happy to come and help out if i was needed.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    hey guys ive had a look through the thread and i cant quite work out whats going on, other than cheese cake seems to feature quite prominently

are you still trying to improve the quality of the shooting area at stoke?

if you could do with an extra hand about the place, for general fetching, carrying, making tea, etc. then next time you're going id be more than happy to come and help out if i was needed.
    today and tomorrow sol

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    today and tomorrow sol
    yer i know, bit late now

I'm assuming there will be a next time though?
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Thank you

A great big thank you to Snock, Delta 1 and Vanpyre + Nathan for another non stop refurb weekend. Hope you all got home ok and didn't melt in the heat. Fitting a new toilet, sink and carpet tile laying in the entrance hall, were among the things that were completed this time. The weather was so good all day and in the evening we dined on fish and chips and kebabs outside in the car park. The sauna that the Dutch House had turned into was an added extra!! On Sunday we were joined by Noel and his wife Maureen (DTSGB) and Pam, Shane and Tony from Cadburys and they got stuck in with the painting. Shane happened to mention that he liked tiling, so as the guys who fitted the kitchen havn't been back to tile the splash back he got the job. We are back up the range tomorrow as there are a few things we need to finish off before our Nationals in June (and we have left most of the clearing up!!) I will measure the front of the biulding while I'm there and get a few quotes for the cladding.
    Enjoy the sun
    Rosie and Keith

Natio,als

Hi Everyone sorry it's been ages since I've posted a message but things have been a bit busy. The Nationals were a great success with 48 shooters entering, a record for us. Everyone said how good the range was looking, we unveiled the new carpet and it looks really good. We still have no news from UK Sport on how much they are going to do in the range (if anything) We hope that they will sort the guttering, finish the ceiling, put in some heating and put facia boards on the front of the range. There are still some things that we can finish ourselves ie boarding out the back wall, painting etc but we don't want to squander your skills and time on these small things. If in the next few weeks I hear that they won't agree to some of the work I will let you know and then arrange another work party for the 'big' stuff. (I would like to get the facia boards on the front before the winter to stop anymore rain getting in)
    Enjoy the sun
    Rosie
    Last edited by Rosie.; 11-07-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: not finished

Steve Valentine Guest
    Any news Rosie? will they be buying us some tea bags?

Any news Rosie? will they be buying us some tea bags?
    looks doubtfull to me, think she would be shouting from the rooftopsv if they did
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Last edited by snock; 09-09-2010 at 08:24 PM.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Any news on the next party or is this dead in the water?

Steve

I haven't heard a word, mate.

Refub weekend possible dates

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I hope you all saw where the 'haircut' was taking place - 'the room that BBS built'
    Anyway as you might have guessed we have not had any funding for finishing of the refurb so we have decided that we will try and get the ceiling finished and the new lights fitted before the winter. The possible dates are October 23/24 - 30/31 November 6/7 and 13/14. Are these any good to any of you? I hope they are as we have missed our great weekends with you.
    Rosie

Refurb date

Hi Everyone date of the next refurb weekend is 23rd 24th October, we hope to get the ceiling completed. It would be great to see you all. Please let me know if you can come. We are at the Junior Games all next week so if I don't reply it's because I have no internet connection.
    Rosie and all at DTSGB

October weekind

Hi Rosie,

Drat and drat again!

I'll be away in USA deer shooting that weekend (Yes, it's a rotten job, but someone ....).

Best wishes

Neil