View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 110 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Steve Valentine Guest
    Should be OK for me, Rosie.

I'm likely to be working that weekend Rosie, so it looks like I'll miss you.

Will give you a shout if anything changes though.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

I doubt I can make that, or the following weekend. I have a planned bout of work on these weekends.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Steve Valentine Guest
    no point me coming on my own

Smile Please post dates

Hi
    When i first came across this cause i offered to help esspecialy as i live in aylesbury.
    What dates are things planned for.
    Many thanks
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by oilyreid View Post
    Hi
    When i first came across this cause i offered to help esspecialy as i live in aylesbury.
    What dates are things planned for.
    Many thanks
    Nick
    Hi Nick,

Rosie has given us dates of 23rd 24th October, but Richard and I can't make it, meaning that it's not worth Steve coming down from Yorkshire to help out.

I think Rosie will have to arrange another time, myself.

It'll be great to see another face there. These weekends are good laughs!

To quote Terry in his first post:
    We came away from Stoke Mandeville with a resolution to do what we could, and what we should, for these shooters. We're not sure what that will be, but we're determined to make a difference somehow or other.
    Last edited by snock; 25-09-2010 at 09:37 AM.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Refurb weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Should be OK for me, Rosie.
    Hi Everyone sorry Steve is the only one at the moment who can make this date. We really want to stick to this weekend as we want to get the ceiling finished before the cold weather sets in (125 insulation boards have been ordered). We are also well on the way to getting some heating sorted so things are really moving on. Another cold winter in the range is not what we need. We are holding our first ever International Competition next weekend at the Stadium and the Falling Plate Comp is being held in the Range so we have been dressing it up for the occasion (plenty of flags etc)All the hard work you have all put in have made it a range to be proud of. If any of you are around please call in and say hello.
    Rosie

i think i can make it ...but,
    with the major work done now it would be nice to get us all there together, as we will not be slogging our guts off in diffrent places of the range.
    it would be a nice idea to all do the ceilings and bits as it will be moew of a get together aswell,
    is there no movement on the dates so the two that do the work (drink tea) can be there?
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    i think i can make it ...but,
    with the major work done now it would be nice to get us all there together, as we will not be slogging our guts off in diffrent places of the range.
    it would be a nice idea to all do the ceilings and bits as it will be moew of a get together aswell,
    is there no movement on the dates so the two that do the work (drink tea) can be there?
    With the Paralympics less than two years away the range is being used by the squads or the Association most weekends and when I looked again at dates this one (23rd - 24th October) was the one that didn't cancel off too many shooters. It would be great to see as many of you as possible (and there are still some chocolate buttons to be eaten!!) but for those who can't make this one please put the date 4th December in your diary as it's the Christmas Shoot and you are all invited.
    Rosie

Steve Valentine Guest
    It's pointless just me and Simon going, you need a at least 4 to make it viable, up and down the steps a million times and no helpers, we'll need a week off to recover

24th is looking possible for me, with the day job work now being planned(ish) for the 31st..

Pencil me in, but I can't commit just yet.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    if you need extra bodies for general fetching and carrying i can offer my services.
    couple of questions,
    where do you guys usually stay over night??
    is the range walking distance from Stoke Mandeville railway station(4-5miles)?
    atb
    sol
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    if you need extra bodies for general fetching and carrying i can offer my services.
    couple of questions,
    atb
    sol
    there is accomodation on site, I can pick you up from the train station.

We usually have a dorm or a bunk house, the bunk house is just like a 5 bed flat really.

lunch and refreshments is supplied during the day, you need only buy yourself a takeaway on an evening and if you want a 'drink' bring your own.

ATB

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    couple of questions,
    atb
    sol
    That would be excellent!!

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    there is accomodation on site, I can pick you up from the train station.

We usually have a dorm or a bunk house, the bunk house is just like a 5 bed flat really.

lunch and refreshments is supplied during the day, you need only buy yourself a takeaway on an evening and if you want a 'drink' bring your own.

ATB

Steve
    hey Steve,
    thanks for the offer, sounds awsome.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.