View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 130 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Smile Re help wanted

The sheds are not big at about 5' by 3' by the height of the building.
    The Cadbury lads are going and there will also be others there, Rosie wanted me to mention local as she is very aware of the distances people have traveled to help.
    Should not to be difficult but many hands make light work and thats why Rosie asked me to put the post up for her.
    I think from the way it has been described they are more cages with roofs to put the 47KG gas bottles in and the heating units.
    More than this i dont know.
    Anybody interested pm me.

I'm local - and am probably the person hinted at - but I can only make it there on Saturday.

I work normal hours now - have done for 2 years, so being able to be there at odd times was a thing of my shift-working past.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I'm local - and am probably the person hinted at - but I can only make it there on Saturday.

I work normal hours now - have done for 2 years, so being able to be there at odd times was a thing of my shift-working past.
    Hi Snock you have worked wonders for us and we know that you work all week. There are only two small huts/sheds to put up and one is half finished already. It was a conversation with oilyreid about the party on Saturday night that led to me asking if he was free on Thursday (he said he was a builder!!) I don't want anyone traveling miles for this. Two of the Cadbury chaps are coming so we will have enough 'big guys' and some chocolate. Look forward to seeing you for the fun shoot and party.
    Rosie

Smile Hi Snock

Its fine Snock no one was mentioned specificaly and Rosie did not want people driving miles on a week day i have talked to her today and one shed is part built so is it purely a case of finishing that one and building the second.
    If any member is local and free they are more than welcome but dont worry if you cant be there.
    I look forward to meeting you Saturday along with the other BBS members going to the party.
    This is a brilliant BBS its members are so helpfull and i have learned alot from being a member.
    Snock pm me just after I joined to welcome me and I am delighted at last to help at Stoke Manderville.
    Had I not Joined the BBS i would not have known about the situation and its my home town.
    Thanks to all who have helped me in the past.
    Oilyreid

Smile Stoke Mandeville today.

Hi all
    Work went well one shed is now complete with the heater mounted in it and will be finished tomorow, ducting etc.
    We realy enjoyed a worthwile day.
    Saw the photos of previous working parties so i can now put faces to bbs handles.
    Best Wishes.
    Oilyreid.

Quote Originally Posted by oilyreid View Post
    Hi all
    Work went well one shed is now complete with the heater mounted in it and will be finished tomorow, ducting etc.
    Saw the photos of previous working parties so i can now put faces to bbs handles.
    Best Wishes.
    Oilyreid.
    i'm the good looking one!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    i'm the good looking partially sighted one!!
    Sorted.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    i'm the gay looking one!!
    Better still

Quote Originally Posted by lobberman View Post
    Better still
    see I find this happends alot, people that are going to get my MASSIVE prick always take the mick out of me just BEFORE I DO IT
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by oilyreid View Post
    Hi all
    Best Wishes.
    Oilyreid.
    It was good to meet you today, Nick.
    Your son's ability to play the 'pipes is outstanding, too. I was simply blown away by it.

Thanks to William for a wonderful treat.

Pete.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Smile Thanks Snock

HI all
    I'm glad you enjoyed it Pete, William and I made the offer to Rossie and helped to get the heating in as a spin off. Saturday night rounded off a satisfying week.
    Its nice to be able to put faces to the names on the BBS.
    It you enjoy pipe bands Google Harpenden Pipe Band there is lots of footage on you tube. Most of it was not put up by band members.
    He makes me proud when ever i see him play, though at times i wish he picked a quieter instrument due to the practicing especialy when he is getting read for competitions.
    I hope everyboby enjoyed it.
    We both look forward to supporting Rossie,Keith,James and all envolved with future
    endeavours at the club
    Best wishes to Delta1, Neil, lobberman, Vampyre and all present.
    Oilyreid

I've had an email from Rosie tonight in which she tells me that the mains water has now been connected. Once they realised it had been reconnected to the wrong huts, they then moved it. Anyhow, there's mains water there now.

At last. It's only taken almost a year.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    At last. It's only taken almost a year.
    That's pretty good going!

Can't believe it's taken so long

About bloody time.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Right you rough coves - when are we meeting once more at the blessed Stoke Mandeville?

Now the water's on let's get another work party sorted and take another step toward finishing the job. You lot have been mag-bleddy-nificent, and I'd like to pay tribute to your efforts and those of everyone who has done so much for the disabled shooters of this country, in the mags and on the websites. It's time we showed what real airgunners are like.

So, let's (Snock) get the next one organised, and let's show everyone what you've achieved at Stoke Mandeville.