View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 135 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

One bed for me, please.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    One bed for me, please.
    Make his bed as far away from the rest of us as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Make his bed as far away from the rest of us as possible.

But nowhere near Yorkshire!!
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Bed Count

OK bed count time. Two chocies - Dutch (hot) house - single bedded room in a cosy little cottage!! or posh lodge twin bedded room with en suite shower room. Cost to you - nothing for cosy cottage, posh lodge room £40 - £8.70 each bed ie - £22.60 if there are two of you in a room. We are ordering the fascia boards so keep your fingers crossed for good weather to put it up. One of your brilliant members has offered to pay for the boards so we better make a great job of putting it up.
    Rosie

General feeling, Rosie, is to finish off back wall cladding etc at some point.
    Perhaps we could all sit down that weekend and discuss any unfinished jobs. Starting new ones can fit in.

What do you think?

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    One bog standard single room for me please

Steve Valentine Guest
    The Dutch house would be bestest Rosie, and we need to see what jobs need doing as Pete says.

Yes, the Dutch is good for me.

The LIST

The fascia boards on the front of the building is the main one for this weekend, this will involve taking all the electrics off the front and when we have put the fazcia boards up we need to fix new 'down' pipes. Also we have to make and fit a door/gate in the fence between the buildings so that the gas bottles can be delivered to the new heating shed. Everything needs moving in the range from the main areas to behind the firing points so that the carpet can be laid on the two days following the refurb weekend (oh and we need to take up the old carpet and make good the floor) The the carpet tiles in the entrance need lifting and resticking down (the electric wheelchairs have lifted some of these) Hope this is not too daunting, I'm sure we will manage once we have eaten Julies cheescake
    Rosie
    ps these are the jobs I can think of, I'm sure there are some more hiding in my memory somewhere.

Steve Valentine Guest
    We better hope more than the usual five turn up if that's what needs to be done!

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Is it possible to get somewhere to kip on the friday night aswell? Doesnt have to be anything proper, just a bit of space on the floor of the range would do me. As its going to be best for me to travel on the friday as ill be on the bike with l plates which means no motorways or severn bridge so it will be a long ride.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

friday night

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    Is it possible to get somewhere to kip on the friday night aswell? Doesnt have to be anything proper, just a bit of space on the floor of the range would do me. As its going to be best for me to travel on the friday as ill be on the bike with l plates which means no motorways or severn bridge so it will be a long ride.
    We have the Dutch rooms for Friday and Saturday night so you can stay there for both nights.
    Rosie

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    Take the L plates off for the motorway!

Fascia boards

Fascia boards, battens and glue have been ordered and will arive on Friday afternoon. The battens are a size that will allow us to leave the main electric cables underneath - so one less job to do.
    Any more beds needed??
    Rosie

Important news

Forgot to tell you that the cost of the fascia boards and battens is being paid by the lovely Neil Brooks
    Rosie