View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 14 of 149 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Dinkum dude Guest
    Going to put mine across now, will there be a record of how much the BBs raises? Would be interesting to see how well we do on the fundraising.

I'll ask if that's possible, mate - and thanks for your donation!

Mark's a top bloke - but then we knew that already - and so are you, Andy, for taking on the collecting, mate.

We're already making a difference, everyone. Let's keep doing it.

Dinkum dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    I understand that Paypal can be used to pay direct to the account

It seems that to pay by paypal an email address is needed to make the payment to, Do we have any information on this.

The money is burning a hole in me screen

I thought all the required info was there, mate. I don't do Paypal, see?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkum dude View Post
    It seems that to pay by paypal an email address is needed to make the payment to, Do we have any information on this.

The money is burning a hole in me screen
    Dinkum...just use online banking buddy....just as easy...probably quicker and safer too

I know, I know...bank's are theiving swines, but sometimes, just sometimes mind you, their systems work (did I just type that outloud?)

Easier to keep track of your cash too then - unless you're trying to launder money
    Tim

From Rosie Hughes:

Hi Terry

Please could you add a message on the web site from us all saying a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has offered to help, either by manpower to refurbish the range or donating money. This whole thing is really amazing. We are really looking forward to the Game Fair so that we can put faces to names and say thank you in person. (Maybe everyone can wear a name badge with ther 'web' names on) Ok perhaps not. I'll stop now before I have any more bright ideas!!

Regards Rosie

My donation just sent via instant online transfer

BUMP for a worthy cause

Jason.
    Making waves since 1971.

From Rikki Singh, to you lot:

Dear All

I would like to thank you all for everything you are doing for us. Your kindness, generosity and offers of help are absolutely fantastic and have made us all feel very honoured, proud and humble.

The things you are doing will stand disability target shooting in good stead for many years to come. So on behalf of our members, both current and future, I just wanted to let you know that we are very grateful to you all.

Rikki Singh
    Chairman - Disability Target Shooting Great Britain

---------

He's a top bloke is Rikki, and it's nice to know that your efforts are making a difference.

Take a bow, BBS - you is da nutz!

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.

Bit More News

Today I have spoken the roofing contractor and I have arranged to meet him on 18/07/07... this is so that they can provide a firm quotation for the works to make the roof fully watertight and insulated. I will negotiate to the best of my ability to get the most competitive price possible !

I am also in the throws of negotiating another donation and will update further should this come to fruition

Apparently negotiating is similar to scrounging

Paul

Nice going Paul! With a decent [or free ] roof covering, the project would be well under way!

This is a great cause, folks. A real chance to make a difference to like-minded shooters who cannot do the work themselves, no matter how much they'd like to.

Please help in anyway you can.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Hi all

Would just like to offer my services for this excellant project. until about a year ago I worked as a Building Services Maintenance Engineer, now work for an engineering consultancy would be willing to work on some weekends maybe help Bob, my Chris shares a tent with Bobs Chris on the Duke of Edingburgh walks, with the alarm etc. Still have most of the tools of the trade.

Just a few points:

1) Has the Landlord, as it is his responsability, had a full asbestos survey carried out? if so can we see this.
    2) Are these works being carried out with the full approval of the Landlord?
    3) Do the DTSGB have a written lease for these premises and for how many years? as once the works are complete the landlord may say thanks very much for doing up my building now out you go. It happens unfortunately.

kind regards

Andy
    HW45 177
    HW 97K 177
    HW100 22

Something of a contrast over the way

http://www.wheelpower.org.uk/dyncat.cfm?catid=10454
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

If only the shooting hut looked like the one at the bottom of that page.
    You really couldn't get facilities which are further removed from that plush, new building.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Held a collection at our juniors meeting this morning, another £55 on its way.
    Regards
    Bob