View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 140 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

i would have loved to give you all a hand, unfortunately dont have transport to get there, keep up the good work guys

I'm in.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2191 View Post
    i would have loved to give you all a hand, unfortunately dont have transport to get there, keep up the good work guys
    You can travel with me, I live in Wakefield.

Quote Originally Posted by lobberman View Post
    I'm going to try and get up on the saturday to see everyone and give you all some stick

Unfortunately my neck is now affecting both arms so I can on just manage to lift a mug of tea
    Sorry to hear that, chief.
    What's the prognosis, Paulie?
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Sorry to hear that, chief.
    What's the prognosis, Paulie?
    Apparently it's just going to get worse as time goes on I have regular appointments at the pain management clinic which is a bit of a farce, as nothing seems to help

Where it was only the right side that was affected, in the last 6 weeks the left side is also extremely painful which has restricted movementto both arms now Luckily the solicitor has advised that work have now accepted legal responsibility as wel as liability which means we as a step closer to getting the £15k I have spent on after care since the accident

Luckily I can still take the mick and drink tea

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Apparently it's just going to get worse as time goes on I have regular appointments at the pain management clinic which is a bit of a farce, as nothing seems to help

Where it was only the right side that was affected, in the last 6 weeks the left side is also extremely painful which has restricted movementto both arms now Luckily the solicitor has advised that work have now accepted legal responsibility as wel as liability which means we as a step closer to getting the £15k I have spent on after care since the accident
    Crap - hope it gets sorted
    Luckily I can still take the mick and drink tea
    Don't put Spock out of a job

I can be there - I'll also see if my mate is up for a jolly. Any idea what we'll be doing?

So - one bed for me and I'll update when necessary

A bed for me please?

Hotel is fine if Dutch filling up.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

work left to complete the cladding and facia and sofit board.

Hi all
    I want to update you as to whats left to be done regarding the cladding and facia and sofit boards.
    William my Son and Victoria my Daughter put up a sterling performance and we managed to get the bulk of the timber frame up, this will need the fixings sorted and the frame packed to true it as it may twist by September. We could not get the noggins fitted as we ran out of screws and timber.
    If any one has larger ladders bring them with as the largest on site is to short for the facias and soffits.
    It took four of us two days to frame and clad the first building and it took three of us two days to frame the second two.
    Numbers this time are vital to get the job done before the winter sets in.
    The first building needs finishing to the door area.and the facia and soffit fitted.
    The other two will need cladding, and facia and soffit fitted, The areas around the down pipes will also need to be clad and this will be fiddley.
    Unfortunately we could not get as much done as we wanted to due to pressure of my work and the coaching starting for the International competion the bank holiday week end. We wont be there Sept the 24th Victorias back at Uni and I am up in Scotland.
    I hope the post helps in preparing for the work.
    More power to the BBS and the spirit of its members.
    All the best
    oilyreid aka Nick, William and Victoria.

Thanks for the update, Nick, and please thank William and Victoria for their efforts, too. You should feel rightly proud of them, mate.

All the best,

Pete.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Yup, well done Knick!

Me Snick, Tom, Sal and the rest of the gang will get the rest of the cladding finished now no problem.

Excellent stuff mate - got any pics? Big thanks to you and your crew oilyraid!!

atvb - tommaaaah

/edit - if you have pics, but are unsure of uploading them, either email them to me and I'll do it (e-mail in profile) or send them to Spork and he can host them for you

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by timmaaah View Post
    Excellent stuff mate - got any pics? Big thanks to you and your crew oilyraid!!

atvb - tommaaaah

/edit - if you have pics, but are unsure of uploading them, either email them to me and I'll do it (e-mail in profile) or send them to Spork and he can host them for you
    id be up for another work party, it be good to see the rest of the gung
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

shooting range

A very big 'Thank you ' from all the members who were at last weekends training. Everyone thinks that the front of the building looks amazing. It is so good to see it all coming together. It is the International competition over the Bank Holiday and although the main competition will be in the stadium it will be good to be able to show off our range with pride. So your ears will be ringing when we tell everyone who has been doing the work. 77 shooters will be taking part from 15 countries so your work will be seen by a lot of people. Looking forward to seeing you all again at the end of September.
    Rosie and every member of DTSGB

Hope the event goes well Rosie

So what's the plan of action for the September meetup?

Hi - got another bod on board for 24/25th Sept. He'll need a bed, if that's ok Rosie? I'll also pm you

What is the plan of attack?

Cheers