View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 143 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

left hand building is finished as far as we can, have run out of height and cladding.

Structure of little centre one is sound and first couple ofboards are on, to be finished tomorrow.

Retired for night, loads of work for a team of three.

Going to need two Or three full boards to finish plus soffit trims etc.

Shoot ers really patient considering they are ha.ving a shoot in the range we are beating the crap out of
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    ^^^ what he said. It's been a long old day!

I'd like to say how much you've been missed today Shirley, but we all know that would be a lie

(hope you feel better soon you northern monkey)

Back to the grind stone tomorrow!!

Thanks for all your work, lads. I'm sorry I can't make it, but this weekend is when I have so much going on that I just don't have time for Stoke.

Good on yer.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

It is with extreme sadness..

...that I tell you that Bob Nicholls, the founder and owner of Air Arms, passed away, yesterday. It was Bob who donated £5000 of his own money, so that we could refurbish the end sections of the ranges and complete other projects, and all involved with Stoke Mandeville benefited from Bob's generosity.

Bob was a gentleman, a good friend, and a kind, generous, caring man. He will be much missed by his family, friends, and all who knew him.

Rest in peace, Bob, and thank you so much for all you did for us at Stoke Mandeville.

What a shame. So fitting that some of Bob's far-reaching legacy serve as an integral part of the Great Britain Paralympic shooting team.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Just got home to read this news.

Seeing the shooters appreciation of the near conclusion of a long term project today reminded me why we do it.

To think that someone who donated so much to the works will never see its conclusion is beyond sad.

The hope that his spirit and generosity will cotninue to bear fruit with the DSTGB shooters use of the facility he gave so much for is little consolation.

Condolences to those grieving for him.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Steve Valentine Guest
    RIP Bob, a belated thanks for all your help

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    RIP Bob.

Very sorry to hear the sad news that Bob has died. The replacement of the back wall was made possible by his generous donation. He has a place in our hearts.

He would have been proud of the wrecking crew who were working flat out all weekend putting up the rest of the cladding. I have some photos but need to work out how to post them on here. I will try tomorrow.
    Rosie

photos

Still don't know how to post photos but if you click on this link http://www.porrill.co.uk/dtsgbrefurb.html you will see Dave Porrills photos.
    Hope you think it looks good because we do.
    Rosie

R.i.p. Bob

Very sad news about the passing of Bob - All of us at DTSGB (present and future) will always be grateful for the support he gave to us. As all of you on this forum have done, Bob played such a big part in shaping the future of DTSGB. My thoughts are with his family and on behalf of everyone at DTSGB I just want to say a huge "THANK YOU" to him and to all of you who have supported us and been there for us - I hope we can justify your support and do you proud for many years to come!
    Rikki - Chairman (but not the Boss)! of DTSGB.

You are esspecially welcome, Rikki, me old son.

Pete.

Bob nicholls

A lovely service today for Bob Nicholls - a truly great man. R.I.P. Bob and thank you for everything you have done.
    Rikki (DTSGB)

Success!!

Dear all
    Just wanted to let you know that your hard work is paying dividends - our squad is in the USA and we have (so far) won the following.......GOLD - Matt Skelhon, Team Gold, SILVER for Nathan Milgate, and Di Di Coates, BRONZE for Nathan Milgate, Karen Butler and Ryan Cockbill - also TWO MORE QUOTA PLACES FOR 2012 - how good is that??!! - Our disabled shooters - and the staff) continue to do us all proud!!
    Folks - this would not have been as possible without everything you have done for us - we owe you a huge debt of gratitude - and as Bill Sanders and I discussed today - you have made us feel loved again - THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Rikki (DTSGB)

Excellent news Rikki!!!
    I know I speak for all involved when I say that we are proud to be associated with the fine folks at DTSGB and are 100% behind the team in their successes.

Good luck to you all!

Pete.