View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Sorry Rosie-I have to work this weekend I hope you all have a great time
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

As one of the first volunteers, you will be greatly missed Graham.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    As one of the first volunteers, you will be greatly missed Graham.
    Ditto.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    I'm really sorry, but I can't make this - my little girl isn't very well (nasty bug with flu like symptoms) and I need to be here for her and my missus (I'm also worried about passing it on too).

I hope you all have a great time - please send my apologies - can one of you guys let Rosie know? I'm gutted to miss this

Cheers

Tim

Fun Shoot

Had a great time at the fun shoot, even with the quiz
    Good to put faces to some of the names.
    Regards
    Bob

Just got home.

Thanks to all involved for a great evening, and a fun raffle to boot.

It genuinely gives me great pleasure to see so many happy people, in shirt sleeves enjoying the range buildings.

Don't really do pride, but it makes me proud to see what a small bunch of volunteers have achieved.

We could not have achieved anything without the support of the BBS members who have donated stuff, chipped in to appeals, and did things on site.

If you include yourself in any of those groups, I would like to thank you personally.

I can count to potato.

Steve Valentine Guest
    The change to the ranges has to be seen to be believed, warm, dry, decent facilities.

We've worked in the cold, the dark and in torrential rain, building site humour has kept our enthusiasm going when we were struggling against the weather, wondering if we could make the building watertight before nightfall.

I can say hand on heart that I've made friends with some truly fantastic and selfless people.

And, we can all stand back, look at the ranges and proudly say 'we did that'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    The change to the ranges has to be seen to be believed, warm, dry, decent facilities.

We've worked in the cold, the dark and in torrential rain, building site humour has kept our enthusiasm going when we were struggling against the weather, wondering if we could make the building watertight before nightfall.

I can say hand on heart that I've made friends with some truly fantastic and selfless people.

I've held it together all weekend but this post has started me off again!! Yes you 'did do that' and we are truly greatfull. When you watch our shooters at the Paralympics you can also think 'they got there with your help'
    Rosie and every member of DTSGB

Fine words, Steve, fine words indeed, mate, and echoed robustly by all involved.

I've done a few things in my working life, but I'm struggling to think of anything as rewarding as the Stoke Mandeville project. As I said on Saturday evening, everyone involved will take more of worth from what we achieved there than we gave. This has been a life-changing experience, and I'm so very proud and grateful to have been part of it.

A truly wonderful effort everybody, you were, and are, beyond magnificent.

The difference between the old range and the new is just incredible.
    I am truly honoured to have been in the company of so many generous people and who have driven many thousands of miles to give other people their time and efforts. I truly am blessed to have you as friends.

Best of luck to Team G.B. for 2012!!!
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Fine words, Steve, fine words indeed, mate, and echoed robustly by all involved.

I've done a few things in my working life, but I'm struggling to think of anything as rewarding as the Stoke Mandeville project. As I said on Saturday evening, everyone involved will take more of worth from what we achieved there than we gave. This has been a life-changing experience, and I'm so very proud and grateful to have been part of it.

A truly wonderful effort everybody, you were, and are, beyond magnificent.
    What he said

Steve Valentine Guest
    Is it just me that's just a little bit sad that this is over and we won't get to meet up to take the piss out of each other again?

No, not just you, Stevie, although Im glad it's finished at last.

Here are some pictures that Rosie took of that night.xmas lights 1.JPGxmas lights 2.JPGxmas lights 3.JPG

Is it just me that's just a little bit sad that this is over and we won't get to meet up to take the piss out of each other again?
    'Over' who said its 'over' Hopefully you have put the first weekend in December 2012 in your new diaries as you are all invited back for the the Christmas shoot and party. It wouldn't be the same without you.
    Rosie

That will be a wonderful opportunity to celebrate and congratulate the Team's 2012 performances Rosie!

I can count to potato.