View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 16 of 149 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Lea Valley are more than happy to support this brilliant cause.

We'll be donating £200 from club funds straightaway - will pay a cheque for that amount into the above account next week.

We'll also be looking at things like a raffle, a collection amongst members and a charity event in aid of this - possibly this year, maybe next. More details after t'committee has met in August.

R
    El Sec

Great result, well done every one, it warms the heart to know people can still rally round for a worthy cause.
    Regards
    Bob

DRIFTER is offline Don't be a hero...............
    Hi Terry
    My mrs read your Stoke Mandaville thread
    She has took up clay shooting and broke her record last saturday 20 out of 25
    she has only been 3 months at have ago and she was so touched by the thread that she said she would do some sponsor forms in aid of the stoke mandiville shooters and see if they would sponsor her to be able to get between 20 and 25
    but you will need to see her score card please can you tell me what she should do to get it to you so you can put on bbs
    regards
    dave

Hooray! Just got this from John the Treasurer!I have got an account number at last it is 10626667. sort code 40-52-26 the Bank's name Butterfield Bank (UK) Ltd

The account name is "Disability Target Shooting GB Charity Account".
    Sorry to be a pain, but I have just completed my tour of the 4 high st banks trying to pay into this account with little success

Lloyds TSB didn't have a clue, Nat West said try Barclays, Barclays said try HSBC. HSBC said that it looks like one of their sort codes but the Butterfield Bank must have set HSBC up as a collection agent...but they cannot accept the money on an HSBC paying in slip, you need one from Butterfield Bank.

I haven't a clue about pay pal, I've got £100 in cash of Southern regional shooters' money itching to be paid into this fund - help!

I can pay it into my account and write a cheque (to...?) if that helps.

Richard
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 13-07-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: quotes
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Thanks for pointing that out, is it best we send cheques direct to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Sorry to be a pain, but I have just completed my tour of the 4 high st banks trying to pay into this account with little success

Lloyds TSB didn't have a clue, Nat West said try Barclays, Barclays said try HSBC. HSBC said that it looks like one of their sort codes but the Butterfield Bank must have set HSBC up as a collection agent...but they cannot accept the money on an HSBC paying in slip, you need one from Butterfield Bank.

I haven't a clue about pay pal, I've got £100 in cash of Southern regional shooters' money itching to be paid into this fund - help!

I can pay it into my account and write a cheque (to...?) if that helps.

Richard

You SHOULD be able to request of your bank that a transfer to those details be made...

By the sound of it, they'll need you to deposit the cash into your account first, but then a one off payment FROM your account should certainly be within the realms of possibility. It can be done using online banking, and cashier banking is just the same but with a physical person instead.

Failing your bank being willing/able to help, try this
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    You SHOULD be able to request of your bank that a transfer to those details be made...

By the sound of it, they'll need you to deposit the cash into your account first, but then a one off payment FROM your account should certainly be within the realms of possibility. It can be done using online banking, and cashier banking is just the same but with a physical person instead.

Failing your bank being willing/able to help, try this
    My faith in the bank's ability to get this paid into the right place has been dented somewhat.

I had missed the post with the address on. I'll do that then.

Thanks

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

To save on clicks:

Any donations will be gratefully received by, John Morgan, the Treasurer of the DTSGB at the following address:

5, Suffolk Road,
    Royston, Herts.
    SG8 9EX

Please make cheques payable to the DTSGB.

Thanks again, everyone - you've all been fantastic.

The ownwers of the range have confirmed the shooters' tenancy for 60 years and all we need to do now is sort out a risk assessment covering the proposed work, and we're off and running.

Sorting the risk assessment under way as we speak.

Thanks again you lot!

DRIFTER is offline Don't be a hero...............

I went to stoke mandeville

Hi Terry
    has anyone thought of getting in touch with challenge anaka that is back if we got her on it then the money that has been raised would help to keep up the upkeep of the building and for what they need new for shooting
    dave

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.

A little bit more help

Today I was advised by my main contractor at work that they will be supplying the following items towards the refurbishment of the range.

1. Approximately 450 lm 4 x 2 treat sawn timber
    2. Approximately 28 sheets 18mm 2400 x 1200 exterior grade ply
    3. 3 no. double exterior door frames
    4. 6 no. flush exterior flush doors
    5. Approximately 28 sheets 70mm 2400 x 1200 celotex insulation board (or similar)
    6. 4 no WC pans and cisterns
    7. 4 no. wash hand basins complete with taps.
    8. 1 no. double panic bar

I initially asked if they would be able to supply any of the above and was told today that the complete list would be forthcoming and I could let people know this as it is just a matter of sorting out delivery dates and confirmation in writing was to follow.

I am meeting the roofing contractor tomorrow on site to finally get the quotation for the roof works and will update everyone when I have news of this..

After all this excitement I am going for a lay down

Paul

That's excellent news, Paul!!! With companies as generous as this behind it, the project will have no problems!!

Well-done, mate!
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Woo-hoo! I knew that Lobberman geezer was a star the first time I made him one!

Truly excellent news, Paulie - you are indeed da maaaan!

I'm all of a dither. I think I'd better rub down my Verminator until I'm calm.

Lobberman, the BBS salutes you, mate.

Paul, what time are you going to get there, mate? I'm on earlies this week so if it fits with me being at home I'd like to come along again.

Cheers,
    Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    I am meeting Rosie and the roofer at 11.30hrs