View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 23 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

He's a little* diamond, isn't he!

User imagination required.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Guttering

Pete and Paul please get in touch about finding someone to give us a quote on sorting the repair/replacement of the guttering and gulleys. If it keeps on raining we will need more than buckets to catch the rain! With great donations coming in we need to sort this as soon as possible. (I have sent an email to you both but I think it got lost in the big black hole)
    Thanks everyone
    Rosie

Sorry for the delay Rosie. I have returned your email.

Pete.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    Hey Guys

If anyone can beg borrow or acquire the following product, this should sort the galvanised valley gutters right out, I am told that it is a piece of urine to apply and we can easily do it ourselves. I reckon we will need at least 6 5kg tins to give the gutters a good coating, if all else fails then we may have to purchase it which I think is around the £30 - £40 mark per 5kg it can also be applied in slightly damp conditions

Once we have this we can have a competition on who can balance and paint at the same time.

Paul

CROMAPOL
    Issue 3 - October 2005 - 01/003
    Description: Cromapol is a one component, UV stable, solvent based multi-purpose roof coating
    membrane. It is manufactured with fibre reinforcement pre-dispersed in the can, for
    ease of application.

Waterproof Protection of:
    Flat and Pitched Roofs, Corrugated Asbestos, Roof lights, Flashings,

Roofing Felt, Gutters, Slate,
    Asphalt, Lead, Glasshouses, Metal and Fibreglass.
    Colour:

Grey, White + Black.

Coverage Rates:

1 - 2 kg per m² on average.

Drying Time:

Up to 72 hours dependent on the ambient temperature. .
    Container Sizes: 1, 2.5, 5 and 20 kg.

www.cromar.uk.com sales@cromar.uk.com

Smile Christmas

Hi Everyone. Thank you for all your help this year and we wish you all a very peaceful Christmas and New Year. Enjoy your shooting in 2008.
    from all of us at DTSGB

You are most welcome, Rosie!
    Here's a to a successful '08 for the team, and I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas!

Pete.

MAD MARK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kev hughes View Post
    Right as I ended up with the BBS Collection bucket at the Gathering, I counted the donations tonight and was slightly embarrased to tell Mr Doe that there was only £88.25 in there after all this time, I decided to double it but then thought what the heck another Ton on top would be better, so I'm in the process of transfering £188.25 into the account.

Kev
    IV JUST SEEN THIS.THATS GOOD OF YOU KEV.NICE ONE MATE

THANKS MARK

Great News

Hi everyone hope you’ve all had a good Christmas and New Year.
    DTSGB has had a great Christmas. Our first present was to hear that we have been adopted by Countryman Fairs as their Charity for 2008. So this means that some of our members will be at the Fairs to help with the fund raising and hopefully meeting more of you. Thank you Country Fairs.
    Our second present arrived when Bob Nichols MD at Air Arms heard through Bill Sanders that we had been let down by Mears for the materials to replace the back wall of the range. He has sent us a cheque for £5,000 to cover the cost of all the materials needed. Thank you Bob and Bill. Our third present was a cheque for £500 from the Ryan Cockbill Trust. Ryan came to his first training weekend at the beging of December with his Dad and his carer and heard about the repairs and refurb. Thank you Ryan and all your family.
    2008 is going to be a great year with so many people willing to help us.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. Can’t wait for the weather to improve so that we can get started.
    Rosie

What a nice post, and what a fantastic gesture from Bob at Air Arms, and everyone else who has helped this very worthy cause.

There are times when the generosity of those around me leaves me speechless, and underlines why I feel it a privilege to work alongside such people. Bob Nicholls has always been a pleasure to know, but this gesture - for which he sought no publicity, but Rosie's just let that cat out of the bag - is typical of the man.

Well-done, Bob, Countryman Fairs, the Ryan Cockbill Trust, and every single one of you that has helped the disabled shooters at Stoke Mandeville. You are all a credit to yourselves, your sport and your industries. The BBS salutes you!

I'm thrilled about this, Rosie! Hopefully we can arrange another 'work party' to get the next stage done.

Brilliant news!!!!!

That is great news Rosie, and congratulations to those involved.

Itching to get stuck into a work party here!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    What a nice post, and what a fantastic gesture from Bob at Air Arms, and everyone else who has helped this very worthy cause.

There are times when the generosity of those around me leaves me speechless, and underlines why I feel it a privilege to work alongside such people. Bob Nicholls has always been a pleasure to know, but this gesture - for which he sought no publicity, but Rosie's just let that cat out of the bag - is typical of the man.

Well-done, Bob, Countryman Fairs, the Ryan Cockbill Trust, and every single one of you that has helped the disabled shooters at Stoke Mandeville. You are all a credit to yourselves, your sport and your industries. The BBS salutes you!
    And a lump in ones throat,oh i think i've got something in my eye

WELL DONE EVERYONE
    Terry
    GONE PAST CARING!!!
    Keep smiling it worries the s**t out of 'em
    STOP THE WORLD I WANT TO GET OFF!!!!

Smile ratgunner

As a disabled shooter myself I am delighted at the great response and can do attitude displayed, cheque in the post to help with the paint.

I've just had to trawl to page 9 of this thread to find the 'donations' address.

Could Terry edit his first post or insert something to get it to the front so to speak.

Donation posted today on behalf of Draftsmann for good turn done

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Hooray! Just got this from John the Treasurer!

'I have got an account number at last it is 10626667. sort code 40-52-26 the Bank's name Butterfield Bank (UK) Ltd>
    The account name is "Disability Target Shooting GB Charity Account".

I understand that Paypal can be used to pay direct to the account

Best wishes and thanks so much for all your help,

John'
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie
    Any donations will be gratefully received by, John Morgan, the Treasurer of the DTSGB at the following address:

5, Suffolk Road,
    Royston, Herts.
    SG8 9EX

Please make cheques payable to the DTSGB.

Here's how to donate.

Pete.