View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 24 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Update on donations

Hi Everyone
    Andy J asked some time ago how much has been donated so far, so here are the figures from our treasurer at the committee meeting last weekend. (I've rounded them up/down)
    In
    £15,000 AMTA
    £5,000 Bob at Air Arms
    £500 Ryan Cockbill Trust
    £2,000 from website/posted donations and DTSGB fund raising

Out
    Just over £17,000 for sealing the roof.

So we have enough money left for the back wall materials and £500 towards rearing/replacing the gutters and gulleys. We will be at the British Open at Bisley at the end of February with the collecting bucket, so hopefully there will be some more to add to the pot. John our treasurer has been sending 'thankyou' messages to those who include an address with their cheques, but cannot do so to most of the donations that go straight to the bank so PLEASE accept this VERY BIG THANK YOU if you have not heard from us.
    Rosie

Good luck at the British Open, Rosie!!!

I've also sent you an email about trying to get a small work party together from here, so that we can attack the leaks and guttering.

It seems the end of February is out, so maybe if there's 4-6 guys out there who would like to spend some time and effort of this worthwhile cause, please get in touch and tell us what dates you can do. You will need a decent set of tools and preferably one of you will have a roofing ladder.

There's some leak sealing material already at the ranges, so there's no need to bring materials to seal at this point.

If you can, and I mean will, dedicate a day or two at Stoke Mandeville ranges to help our fellow shooters, please step forward.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Nobody??
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Where are all these people who said that they'd be able to help out??

We want to organise a small work party to get over to S.M. and inspect the roof/guttering to find the leaks there.

Rosie is away on a competition late this month, so we'd like to organise it for March or maybe even April if necessary.

So far there's 2 people: Delta and me. We need another 3 or 4.

So, is there anyone who wants to stick to their word?

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Where are all these people who said that they'd be able to help out??

We want to organise a small work party to get over to S.M. and inspect the roof/guttering to find the leaks there.

Rosie is away on a competition late this month, so we'd like to organise it for March or maybe even April if necessary.

So far there's 2 people: Delta and me. We need another 3 or 4.

So, is there anyone who wants to stick to their word?
    Sorry, Pete, been hyper-busy an' that.

Me an' ol' Paulie Lobberchap will be there whenever you need us.

I'm sure we'll be able to fire up the fellows for the workparty proper. Let's sort the advance work and then we'll crack the virtual whip.

Kingplinker Guest
    Hi chaps

Sorry to sound negative but would it be a good idea to start a work party thread ?
    I will try and do some more fund raising again this year at The Sussex Interclub series , perhaps not can rattling ( as it put them off the shoot ) lol
    perhaps a side shoot or something ???

atvb

Dave

Cheers, Tel.

I'll get back to Rosie with some rough dates, and see how they fit in with her.

ATB,
    Pete.

Kingplinker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Cheers, Tel.

I'll get back to Rosie with some rough dates, and see how they fit in with her.

ATB,
    Pete.
    Blimey Pete am I still on your ignore list

Ain't no member on my list, Dave.

Sorry chaps feel realy guilty for not noticing this one its been up there long enough so as a penance you can count me in weekends best for me but will try to accomadate any dates.

Your skills will be invaluable, mate. Plus, it'll be great to see you again.

Pete.

Bump for a Saterday morning.

This thread is probably the most important one on the BBS. I'm asounded at what you good people have achieved so far and you have my utmost respect.

To the readers I would say don't let this go cold. There is more that needs to be done.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

There is indeed, Mr Coal.
    I have a list of available dates which Rosie has given me, and I will be putting them up later tonight.

We need another 2 or 3 people for the next visit.

I have sent a donation via BACS to the DTSGB bank account.

This is a fantasic campaign the BBS has contributed to. We may never get the sort of funding provision and facilities other sports do but I am sure that the effort everyone is making will result in a facility shooters disabled and able-bodied alike can be proud of.

By the way; have the DTSGB thought of doing badges (enamel pin type) that people can purchase? It can be a really effective way of raising donations and I am sure a lot of people on here would wear them with pride.

mr_colt.

That's a good idea.

Any news on dates for a Work Party Pete?
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.