View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 27 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

I don't have the postcode for the range, but here's the location map from the relevant Website.

I seem to remember access is from Guttmann Road.

One bunk for me please, Saturday, Richard Harley
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Rich, I will give you the postcode tonight if I can get it off my Sat Nav.
    I'll give Rosie a prompt so she can see this thread, too.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    One room for myself, saturday night!

Post code for your sat navs

Hi Everyone
    The post code you need for Saturday is HP21 9PP I've just seen the weather forcast and it looks good for Saturday and Sunday so keep your fingers crossed. Look forward to seeing you all again
    Rosie

Your room's sorted K, Pete's done that.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS

Stoke Mandeville, wombles needed!

Wombles urgently needed for the Stoke Mandeville cause!

Wombling skills must be honed!

Well basically is there anybody and I mean anybody that can 'womble' any sorts of materials for this extremely worthy cause!

We need timber, plasterboard, electrical gear such as cable and trunking in particular. Toilets, sink units. Any form of fixings such as screws in all sizes and platerboard fixings. In fact any form of building material, even providing gloves and masks etc. will make a huge difference!

Remember people every little helps, as shooters and as people we can make a difference to something!

Cheers Kieran

Don't forget to donate yourselves for a weekend, too. The more the wossname and all that. Great time guaranteed, and Keiran's offering a full refund if you're not completely satisfied.

It's the event of the year, folks. Be there or be dull. Last time we had fizzy pop an ev'ryfin!

I feel this info should be in this thread, to keep it all together for future reference as it were.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277543

(its an excuse for a bump really )

I'm a bit far away and disabled so would not be able to help but those who are participating can have one thing from me, my respect.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Threads merged.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Wink Thank You

Great BIG THANK YOU to Keiran, Rich, Peter, Steve and Terry for all their hard work at the weekend. The range is so much brighter and I now want it to rain just to prove that with the gulleys cleared and the gunk applied it won't come into the range. We hope to meet some more of you at the next 'fun weekend', if you like cheese rolls and lots of tea and coffee it's the place for you. I promise to banish the 'snorers' to a dorm at the other end of the corridor!!
    Thanks
    Rosie and Keith

Thought you'd like to see some pictures I took over the last weekend we spent there...

Pictures.

I thought it time I should provide an update to the S.M. project.

The last works party took care of many jobs, some more important than others, but all necessary to improve conditions for our Great British shooting squad.

Among the jobs for the next works party [5th and 6th of July] are to fix/replace the parts of the toilets which are faulty and to focus some attention on a faulty length of guttering which Rosie has told me is leaking. I will be going over there this Friday afternoon to see what I can do, but it might be that it needs 'more hands'.

I have sent a letter to B&Q asking if they can provide materials for this project, but haven't yet had an answer to that letter. I sent it a month ago. I have sent them a polite reminder that a reply would be appreciated.

Delta has put the word out amongst the Anston camp so that the members can 'womble' some bits which will come in handy.
    That doesn't mean we don't need folk to get hold of kit for us, as we'd love to acquire screws, fixings, sheets of ply, paint, tubes of mastic, toilet components - in fact anything you think we might need.

If I do get a response from B&Q, I will post on here their reply.

In the meantime, if Rosie could provide us with a wish list of her next lot of jobs which need doing, that'd be brilliant.

ATB,

Pete.
    Last edited by snock; 11-06-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Ta Steve!

Northernspark Guest
    As i've said on the other thread pete, ive 20 lengths of trunking plus cable and electrical accessories that I'll be bringing along.

I'll see if I can muster up a few boxes of screws as well.

Steve

Pete,

4th/5th is friday /sat or should it read 5th/6th.

You guys are diamonds!