View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just spoke to Bob Ward from Basingstoke and I know it’s a long way off, but thought we would let you all know we have agreed to hold the 2008 UKAHFT Pre-season Charity shoot at Popham Woods, with all proceeds going to the Stoke Mandeville fund.
    It will be either in January, Feb or March.
    There will be a 30 or 40 shot course set to the UKAHFT format and as always scores goes towards qualifying for the 2008 Gathering.

We will keep you all posted.

But don’t forget there will be a bucket by the booking-in areas at the remaining UKAHFT Nationals shoots, so get that spare change in there!!!!

Pete

I feel the project desperatly needs someway for people to send in donations.
    Perhaps similar to the airgun donation scheme but it needs a postal address for cheques as well.

I have been publicising what you are doing and it's looking most likely to be a make over. I should like to change my efforts to one of publicising fund raising.

Terry Geldof is doing a champion job and it looks like there might be a right result.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Bear in mind some donations may come from folks with no association with this site. They will need to know it is being done all cosher like.

Sending a fat wad to some bloke called Mad Mark in Wales may not cut it.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

I have a current IPAF ticket (SL. SPB and Harness) if I can find it, do we have any licensed scaffolders/ tower erectors available?

This could be useful for painting etc as well as the electrical side.

Would BASC be prepared to cover us with insurance while we are working onsite? Would our existing BASC membership cover us as its (loosely) shooting related?

I can find my generic method statements for working at height/ risk assessments etc, or do we have anyone able to do site specific ones?
    Last edited by delta1; 19-06-2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Forgot my Asbestos Awareness thingy! Confined spaces too!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    I have current experience of the Working at Height Regulations, Abestos Awareness Certificate and experience of mobile tower scaffold erection also have a CITB Scaffold Inspectors Certificate, should also be able to knock up some reasonable drawings by hand (IT is not my speciality) then will probably scan these and send them to who needs them anyone who needs specific info please let me know what you require. Nealsey will use your list as my initial survey requirements

ATB

Paul

Any update on this chaps,

we don't want it to lose momentum.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

snapcapblue is offline I'm fussy about where you put your finger...
    Hi any update on on-line donations? I have £50 waiting and probably more later. Cheers and ATB - Tony

I've been in touch with Rosie today, and I'm told the details are 'imminent'.

Hang on to your dosh for a little while longer, mate, we'll get it sorted.

Hooray! Just got this from John the Treasurer!

'I have got an account number at last it is 10626667. sort code 40-52-26 the Bank's name Butterfield Bank (UK) Ltd>
    The account name is "Disability Target Shooting GB Charity Account".

I understand that Paypal can be used to pay direct to the account

Best wishes and thanks so much for all your help,

John'

Now, I haven't a clue how these things work, so will someone who has confirm this is all that's needed to get the donations sorted, please? Ta.

More news as we get it.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post

'I have got an account number at last it is 10626667. sort code 40-52-26 the Bank's name Butterfield Bank (UK) Ltd>

John'

Now, I haven't a clue how these things work, so will someone who has confirm this is all that's needed to get the donations sorted, please? Ta.

More news as we get it.
    Using telephone or online banking a bill payment can be sent with a reference to that account. This could also be done in a branch and should be free!

Ryan
    Last edited by Charlts; 03-07-2007 at 11:50 AM.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

That's all you'll need...just sent in my donation.

It's the same amount of info you'd need to create a payment for a purchase off the BBS (the same detail on a cheque too)

HTH
    Tim

Dinkum dude Guest

It seems that to pay by paypal an email address is needed to make the payment to, Do we have any information on this.

The money is burning a hole in me screen

[B][SIZE="5"]The account name is "Disability Target Shooting GB Charity Account".
    Can just pay into this account at any high street bank?

Regards

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Hooray! Just got this from John the Treasurer!I have got an account number at last it is 10626667. sort code 40-52-26 the Bank's name Butterfield Bank (UK) Ltd

Sorry to be a pain, but I have just completed my tour of the 4 high st banks trying to pay into this account with little success

Lloyds TSB didn't have a clue, Nat West said try Barclays, Barclays said try HSBC. HSBC said that it looks like one of their sort codes but the Butterfield Bank must have set HSBC up as a collection agent...but they cannot accept the money on an HSBC paying in slip, you need one from Butterfield Bank.

I haven't a clue about pay pal, I've got £100 in cash of Southern regional shooters' money itching to be paid into this fund - help!

I can pay it into my account and write a cheque (to...?) if that helps.

Richard
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 13-07-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: quotes
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

John'
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie
    Any donations will be gratefully received by, John Morgan, the Treasurer of the DTSGB at the following address:

5, Suffolk Road,
    Royston, Herts.
    SG8 9EX

Please make cheques payable to the DTSGB.

Here's how to donate.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.