View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 46 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    terry are you sure that you were checking the walls and not up every hour for a tinkle as u knocked back a few apple juices that night, and we all know what happends when we get that bit older!!
    Stick to your lemonade, Si. You need all your reflexes to handle that pimped-out van of yours, mate.

I had to hide my Audi in shame when you rolled up in that tribute to the customiser's art. Impressive, Si, veeeeery impressive mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Stick to your lemonade, Si. You need all your reflexes to handle that pimped-out van of yours, mate.

I had to hide my Audi in shame when you rolled up in that tribute to the customiser's art. Impressive, Si, veeeeery impressive mate.
    hey no dissin the shagwag i got 60 out of her on way home

shat meself though!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

It was funny when someone asked if anyone had ''Filler in their van'', and we joked that Si had a dozen tins of David's P38 in the bodywork!!

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    It was funny when someone asked if anyone had ''Filler in their van'', and we joked that Si had a dozen tins of David's P38 in the bodywork!!

trust me mate its nearer the truth than you think!!!!

what ya think?

might have a go myelf and have a go at realtree on it!!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Any donations will be gratefully received by, John Morgan, the Treasurer of the DTSGB at the following address:

5, Suffolk Road,
    Royston, Herts.
    SG8 9EX

Please make cheques payable to the DTSGB.

More donation details to follow.

Thanks all, the people at the DTSGB are so excited at what we're doing for them and have asked me to pass on their gratitude to you all.

Well-done, you lot.

TD
    Hooray! Just got this from John the Treasurer!

'I have got an account number at last it is 10626667. sort code 40-52-26 the Bank's name Butterfield Bank (UK) Ltd>
    The account name is "Disability Target Shooting GB Charity Account".

I understand that Paypal can be used to pay direct to the account

Best wishes and thanks so much for all your help,

John'

Now, I haven't a clue how these things work, so will someone who has confirm this is all that's needed to get the donations sorted, please? Ta.

More news as we get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by roger 62 View Post
    To save on clicks:

Any donations will be gratefully received by, John Morgan, the Treasurer of the DTSGB at the following address:

5, Suffolk Road,
    Royston, Herts.
    SG8 9EX

Please make cheques payable to the DTSGB.
    Dig deep fellas!

I firmly believe we've broken the back of the major work there, so we'll need more funding to complete this project.

Give what you can, please!!
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Northernspark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Dig deep fellas!

I firmly believe we've broken the back of the major work there, so we'll need more funding to complete this project.

Give what you can, please!!
    I reckon we got most of the graft out the way Pete, most of the rest should be just cosmetic, have we got any dates in mind for the next one? I'm away in New York from 12th to 26 of september.

Quote Originally Posted by steveggg View Post
    W

Can someone tell me what Steve was on, as he never stopped, and i got tired just watching him.
    Northern grafter

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Northernspark View Post
    I reckon we got most of the graft out the way Pete, most of the rest should be just cosmetic, have we got any dates in mind for the next one? I'm away in New York from 12th to 26 of september.
    Steve
    There's going to be no more jobs as large as the back walls, Stevey, I'm sure of that.

No dates yet. I expect we'll discuss all that after the next training weekend at the ranges, and that's the weekend of the 22nd of August.
    I'm away for 2 weeks myself from the 29th August, then there's the weekend at the Midland Game Fair on 20 & 21st September.

I don't suppose it'll be until October when we get up there again, unless we squeeze a weekend in soon to do the insulation boards and plasterboarding.

Hi Everyone
    I logged on last night but by the time I had read all the messages and looked at the pictures I couldn't see to type in a reply - must have had something in my eye!! Anyway got my strong head on tonight so here goes - You lot are something else the work you got through at the weekend was truly amazing, I dreaded getting the phone call to say that the roof had collasped. Sorry I should have know it was in safe hands. I can't wait to get up to the range and see it all for myself. (I hear there a couple of tins of paint that need putting on the walls!! thanks to Julie) Keith has not told any tales on you so I'm quite confident that the swear box would not have been needed!!!! He has taken lots of photos so I will let Steve Skipper have them at the training weekend (he is putting them all together for us) Possbile dates for putting up the insulation boards - no it's easier to say which are unavailable - 22nd/24th Aug training weekend, 19th/21st September training weekend, (and Midland game fair), 3rd/5th October Junior Games, 17th/ 19th October training weekend, 5th/7th December training weekend. All the other weekends are free. If you add together the cheque from Steves water heater thread £593.94 and the £97 that was in the collecting tin from Terry D it covers the cheque I have sent off to Pete for £454 to cover all the trips to Wickes and B & Q and the cost of the skip £234 (Still waiting for an invoice) We will have someone at the Midland Game Fair with a collecting tin so things are looking good. OK this is long enough but before I go thanks Julie for sending home with Keith some of your cheesecake, it was yummy.
    Rosie

Thanks for the dates, Rosie! It'll make organizing the next visit much easier knowing what plans the DTSGB have.

It has to be said; Julie makes the world's best cheesecake. Period! If she doesn't send me the recipe I'll be having words with her next time!

I hope you like what you see when you visit next, Rosie. I personally don't think you'll recognize it.

Dates which are not available:
    22nd-24th Aug training weekend.
    19th-21st September training weekend (and Midland game fair)
    3rd-5th October Junior Games
    17th-19th October training weekend
    5th-7th December training weekend.

All the other weekends are free.

Pete.
    Last edited by snock; 13-08-2008 at 08:45 PM.

not that should bother anyone but i can do 26th-28th sept so if u want me ill be there, if u dont the week after i'm away on hols so u dont hae to get rid of me!!!

The cheque arrived at mine today, Rosie. Thanks alot!

Northernspark Guest
    More pics of the weekend

A pic or two of the works in progress and pictures of the shooting ranges.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20293684

I know they're mostly of me but I'm good looking and very photomagenic ( and my good lady wife was the photogromopher )

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Northernspark View Post
    More pics of the weekend

A pic or two of the works in progress and pictures of the shooting ranges.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20293684

I know they're mostly of me but I'm good looking and very photomagenic ( and my good lady wife was the photogromopher )[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Steve
    just what i was going to say

then I thought why LIE!!!

no but honest u a good fella
    u worked ur ass off for it

It's my day off today, so I thought I'd spend an hour at the ranges to see how things have been since the walls were replaced - what with the crap weather we've had this week.

I was fully expecting to book the key out but the doors were open and cars were parked outside. I was intrigued.
    I met Pazan [sp], Di Coates, Steve and Maggie Milgate's son and a few others. They were there on their training week. Pazan extended his hospitality by offering me a lunch, which I thought it might be rude not to accept, so I helped myself to some grub and a cup of tea. Nice.

I was keen to take a look at how the walls were looking now that the cuprinol had dried out. I still think it needs a few more coats, but for the time being it's protected well enough.

One of the ladies there, I think her name was Lisa Stirling, told me that we can track the successes of our National Disabled Shooting Team by logging onto the Paralympic website.

It was nice to see a few more faces, which we will hopefully meet again after the games to share in their successes.
    Last edited by snock; 16-08-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Northernspark Guest
    On the works weekend we took out some old unused cables.

Just been to the scrapyard to weigh it in so a cheque for £32 is on the way

Steve