View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Nice one, Mr Wazzerk!

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Top work my born-again suvverna!

I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't read this thread before. My Scouts all shoot, and at last night's leaders' meeting we decided to do what we can to raise a bit more money for the cause. We have a big night-time competition coming up in October, and we've decided to have the Scouts raise sponsorship money for Stoke Mandeville in advance of the event. I don't know how much it'll raise, but I'll have each of the three teams aim for £40-£50 per team.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by peakecentral View Post
    I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't read this thread before. My Scouts all shoot, and at last night's leaders' meeting we decided to do what we can to raise a bit more money for the cause. We have a big night-time competition coming up in October, and we've decided to have the Scouts raise sponsorship money for Stoke Mandeville in advance of the event. I don't know how much it'll raise, but I'll have each of the three teams aim for £40-£50 per team.

Hope that helps.

Wonderful stuff, mate!

The folks at SM will certainly appreciate your fine efforts.

Well-done.

Terry

As above! Stoke Mandeville needs all the work we can give it.

As a footnote, I'm going to be going over to pick up the last door from B&Q today, which I had to order in especially.

The next works party will see some of these jobs done:

The back walls noggin'd and insulated.
    Last door to be hung.
    Plumbing work on the toilets.
    Hand driers and water heaters installed.
    A list of 'wants' made for the kitchen area.
    Investigation into what's needed for the internal layout changearound.
    Painting.
    Concreteing around by the back wall [using up the shingle we have.]
    I'd like to get that wasp's nest killed.
    And very probably a few other jobs I can't think of right now.

Dates to be arranged.

Pete.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

hey guys again!!

is we thunkin of puttin a new kitchen in thur??

if so i put my self forward to do that with some help, is it steve withthat posh circular saw!! i want one!!

also i have sources in magnet!! so might be able to get a good price!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

I expect a new kitchen would be popular with the shooters, Simon! Much depends on how much money we have in the coffers to pay for it all, though.

Rosie could advise on this.

As an extra, I've picked the last door up from B&Q and have dropped it off at the ranges.

Pete.

well i'll ask there when i'm next in as to how much they can give us, they usally have slight seconds cupboards for next to nothing!! ill ask!
    i will look next time i'm there as to sizes un stuff.... well i have to go next time as left me bloody steps there
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

hi everyone

this is my first post on here.

I am new to the sport of target pistol shooting and I am on of the disabled shooters who uses the hut at Stoke Mandeville, I must admit the first time I went there the facilities were a bit of a suprise to say the least.

I would like to thank you all for your hard efforts in improving the facilities, I can honestly say there was a buzz about the place last training weekend when you work was seen for the first time.

I hope that when all of the renovations are completed there may be an opportunuity for some of you to come down and have a shoot with us

Quote Originally Posted by garza71 View Post
    hi everyone

I am new to the sport of target pistol shooting and I am on of the disabled shooters who uses the hut at Stoke Mandeville, I must admit the first time I went there the facilities were a bit of a suprise to say the least.

I would like to thank you all for your hard efforts in improving the facilities, I can honestly say there was a buzz about the place last training weekend when you work was seen for the first time.

I hope that when all of the renovations are completed there may be an opportunuity for some of you to come down and have a shoot with us
    if you need somepractise mate i have a field with a 30 yard fence!! the old sydney powell field near the brush, its a hell of a journey to stoke for ya aint it!!

Quote Originally Posted by garza71 View Post
    hi everyone

Hello and welcome to the BBS.

Helping you guys is one of the most enjoyable things I've been involved in for some time, and I hope it continues.

Please make yourself at home, and I look forward to meeting you at Stoke one day.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Hi,

I'm kicking myself because:

a. I hadn't seen this thread
    b. I live close by (Milton Keynes)
    c. I should be helping.

Who do I contact to offer a pair of hands?

Neil

You've just done it Neil.

Keep an eye out for when we're next going, and we will make you very welcome.

Thanks for your kind offer.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

<<Keep an eye out for when we're next going, and we will make you very welcome>>

I'll look forward to that.

Many thanks

Neil

More bodies are always welcome.

I'd like to extend my congratulations to Matt Skelhon and his amazing performance winning his Gold in Beijing.

Last edited by snock; 13-09-2008 at 05:42 PM.