View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 56 of 149 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Hiya Pete:

Saturday night for me please Just make sure you put me miles away from NorthernSparko-his wandering hands still give me nightmares

The work on the concrete pad? Maybe we should inspect the area thoroughly-I only gave it a cursory glance last time. Perhaps the damage was caused when Terry Doe dropped his wallet on the floor last time

All the best,
    Graham
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Right, I'm on a corporate racing day at Newmarket on Friday the 31st - yes it's business and I do have to go.

On Saturday, I'm demonstrating a range of airguns to some 'influential' types, and I can't get out of that either. It's all to do with promoting/protecting the sport.

On Sunday, I've promised to take my family to visit some relatives they particularly like, and I've missed the last three visits due to doing stuff I 'couldn't get out of'.

In short - I'm banjaxed and will have to miss this one. I'm mightily naffed off about it but there's sod-all I can do this time. I love my Stoke Mandeville work parties and I'd do anything to wangle my way into this one, but it's a no-can-do - even for my shameless powers of ducking and diving.

So, bless you all for doing your bit, and mine, and I'll definitely be there next time, I promise.

Sorry, chaps.

aint my walls good enough then??
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Sorry to hear you cannot make it Terry, but the good news is that K will sleep better for it.

I'll have a single room for Saturday night only please Pete/Rosie, if you need payment before hand please let me know.

Richard.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Sorry to hear you cannot make it Terry, but the good news is that K will sleep better for it.

I'll have a single room for Saturday night only please Pete/Rosie, if you need payment before hand please let me know.

Richard.
    how much are singls then??
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Don't worry.

You will have a chance to make your donation on the day.
    Last edited by delta1; 24-10-2008 at 08:49 PM.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Hi Everyone
    The skip is ordered, same size as last time. Pete when you order the wood can you ask them to deliver it on Friday afternoon and then Keith and I will be there to pay for it. So far on the 'bed' list I have Pete, Steve, Kev, Keiran and Graham in the dorms and Rich in a room. We will be sharing the dorms with 123 walkers on there way up to Liverpool for the MTV music awards so please let me know asap if you need a bed. Please can we line the walls of the loos before we put in hand dries sinks etc. Order extra wood (or whatever you need) we have the funds to pay for it.
    See you all soon
    Rosie

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post
    Hi Everyone
    The skip is ordered, same size as last time. Pete when you order the wood can you ask them to deliver it on Friday afternoon and then Keith and I will be there to pay for it. So far on the 'bed' list I have Pete, Steve, Kev, Keiran and Graham in the dorms and Rich in a room. We will be sharing the dorms with 123 walkers on there way up to Liverpool for the MTV music awards so please let me know asap if you need a bed. Please can we line the walls of the loos before we put in hand dries sinks etc. Order extra wood (or whatever you need) we have the funds to pay for it.
    See you all soon
    Rosie
    splashing the cash now ah!!

can you reserve me a bed in the noisy snorers dorm please!!!

many thanks
    simon

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post
    Hi Everyone
    See you all soon
    Rosie

snock 2by1 sawn and rawl plugs then!!!

are we going to plasterboard the walls aswell???

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    There will also be an extra special donation handed over to those at Stoke Mandeville from the good people on here from myself. Please spend it as you will, you deserve too!

Quote Originally Posted by kieran turner View Post
    There will also be an extra special donation handed over to those at Stoke Mandeville from the good people on here from myself. Please spend it as you will, you deserve too!
    beer and grub for the hard workers then!!`

Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    snock 2by1 sawn and rawl plugs then!!!

are we going to plasterboard the walls aswell???
    I'm going to need someone to help me out with a list of stuff to have delivered. I'm not much cop at all this measuring up lark.

If the loo walls are to be lined, can someone suggest a material to use, and quantities of?

Ta.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Northernspark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I'm going to need someone to help me out with a list of stuff to have delivered. I'm not much cop at all this measuring up lark.

If the loo walls are to be lined, can someone suggest a material to use, and quantities of?

Ta.
    Plywood for the bog walls I would have thought, what with the wheel chairs maybe clobbering it, 9mm ply should do, unless anyone thinks otherwise?

Probably need 8 sheets per bog, unless anyone else thinks otherwise?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Northernspark View Post
    Plywood for the bog walls I would have thought, what with the wheel chairs maybe clobbering it, 9mm ply should do, unless anyone thinks otherwise?

Probably need 8 sheets per bog, unless anyone else thinks otherwise?

Steve
    if they are to be lined inside where the toilets are then i think the wood should be thicker as we need to refix the handles and things to them, i know that they will be screwed through the the wall inside but you dont want movement, but if we use plaster board (it will damage easier) but we can plaster it and make it look really posh??

just an idea, throwing me two peneths in

just an idea, we could use 4x8 plywood and some dado and just board the bottom half so the wheelchairs can bash them, then plaster board the top half make it look NICE!!!

it depends on what rosie means i cannot remember whats in there now??