View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 57 of 149 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

I've just spoken with Rosie who said they've been offered ~20 lengths of 4"x2" from someone else who uses another hut.
    She told me that the owners of this hut have lined their walls with 19mm ply. This seems OTT to me, as I reckon Steve's right that 9mm will do just a good a job at sealing in the crumbly wall panels, as well as providing a sound base on which to fix to.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    I've just spoken with Rosie who said they've been offered ~20 lengths of 4"x2" from someone else who uses another hut.
    She told me that the owners of this hut have lined their walls with 19mm ply. This seems OTT to me, as I reckon Steve's right that 9mm will do just a good a job at sealing in the crumbly wall panels, as well as providing a sound base on which to fix to.

half and half or fully??
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    half and half or fully??
    I think fully, Si.

She's anxious that the crumbly internal wall material is contained/encapsulated, mate.

''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Northernspark Guest
    Best bring my circular saw then, eh chaps?

Steve

Steve/Si,

Considering we ordered 28 sheets of 8x4 ply to do both back walls, do you reckon that 5 sheets will do the centre portion of back wall? I reckon it's about right.

The lengths of 4x2 Rosie's been given will do the studding, but let's not forget the internal studding for both back walls still need doing. We'll also need 28 sheets of 6mm ply to 'skin' the interior back walls after we've celotex'd them.

Then we've got the loos to deal with.

Northernspark Guest
    5 sheets should do the rest of the back wall Petey.

Steve

S'what I fought, wunnit.

bump for stealth!!! he wanna come see you ugly ones and me!!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

i WILL get more involved, if i kills me

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    bump oops sorry it was an accident ...cough
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

Materials ordered.

Rosie and Keith will be there from lunchtime to accept delivery, however I don't think they'll be up to handling any of it.

I don't plan to be there until Saturday morning, although I could get over Friday night for an hour. It'll be too dark to go moving stuff around really but I'd rather get all the materials indoors if I can.
    I don't really fancy moving 50 8'x4' sheets of wood and 40 mtrs of 3"x2" around by myself.

Anyone who can help out will be gratefully welcomed.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Materials ordered.

Rosie and Keith will be there from lunchtime to accept delivery, however I don't think they'll be up to handling any of it.

I don't plan to be there until Saturday morning, although I could get over Friday night for an hour. It'll be too dark to go moving stuff around really but I'd rather get all the materials indoors if I can.
    I don't really fancy moving 50 8'x4' sheets of wood and 40 mtrs of 3"x2" around by myself.

Anyone who can help out will be gratefully welcomed.

Pete.

looks like your pulling a all nighter matey

Northernspark Guest
    Any offers of help to shift yet Petey boy?

Steve

Hi Everyone
    We will get the wood moved inside the range, they are delivering after 3pm so that should give us enough time to get it in before it gets dark.
    See you all on Saturday the coffee and toast will be waiting for you.
    Rosie

Rosie:

Get down to your local builders merchants and buy a couple of tarpaulins-cover the timber-job done. Don't struggle
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter