View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post

Now, it's my wish, as I'm sure it's yours, that whatever we can do for the DTSGB should not strip their funding in any way - mainly because they need every penny as it is - so I'll be looking at funding options for materials we can't blag...erm...'obtain via sponsorship'.

Irons are in fires and I'll be back.
    Terry, Absolutely right. We as a collective should be able to blag/raise enough cash for the basic building materials needed, as long as it's not chandaliers and brass sockets. With a little persuasion, some of the gun companies could provide new targets etc, and some of the local builders merchants from around the area may be willing to contribute or at least provide materials at cost?

As long as we can use the Shooting for the Disabled logo's and stuff
    I am sure we can make this happen, with a lot of effort from the guys
    on here.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

How about 'Challenge Anneka'? She is about again doing some wonderful things for charities. With it being Stoke Mandeville hospital, the TV company may very well pick up the challenge and old Jimmy S doesn't like to stay out of the limelight for too long..

Just a thought

maybe an acount should be opened for this i'm sure most bbs members would stick a few notes into the acount also this should be posted on agf as well after all its up to us all to support it maybe terry and gary could use they weight in the mags to advertise it nationaly??????

As someone said earlier, we need an assessment of materials needed so we can go on the blag. I would then be able to keep an eye on my local Freecycle group to see if anyone was disposing of anything needed, plus I could put a wanted ad on there as well. If it gets official I could approach my boss/company to see if there was any remote chance of squeezing some cash from the charity budget. I'm concious of not letting the momentum die on this as I'd really like to help.
    May be worth considering the aftercare i.e. see if there is routine maintenance we could help with?
    "Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM!"

That meeting is being sorted as we speak and once I know when it will take place, I'll be rounding up a posse!
    As I said; I'm only about 7 minutes from the hospital, Tel. I'll be pleased to offer whatever skills I can offer. I did 3 years at college learning plastering, but I've also spent a total of about 5 years 'in the building' as a school leaver.

Awaiting your direction, Sir!
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Awaiting your direction, Sir!
    You were seconded from the off, mush.

No name, no packdrill, nar'mean?

Orders will be forthcoming.

Told you it was gathering pace! Provisional inspection of the range requirements can take place this Saturday at 10.30 am.

Who among our professional tradesman types can make that time? Over to you.

maybe a sticky in the sales section 10 % to the fund if sellers want to support this ????

Born Again Guest
    I don't think I can supply any useful building materials, unless 1,000 tons of chestnut poles will help, but I am able to supply a decent computer if they need one.

Told you it was gathering pace! Provisional inspection of the range requirements can take place this Saturday at 10.30 am.

Who among our professional tradesman types can make that time? Over to you.
    I'll be there.

Terry, can you give me the entrance number and route to take to get there, mate? Give me a call if you want.

Ta.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Dinkum dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkum dude View Post
    No one has mentioned or has offered to supply the eager beavers anything to work with yet, It wouldn't be good to turn up with nothing for the rebuild

I run a building company and have a fair bit of clout when it comes to purchasing materials, I know that one of my main suppliers does a lot of fundraising events for charity and are very likely to offer some very good help to this very worthy cause if I were to bend the right ears

Let me know if I can help, give me a list of what you guys need and i'll pass it on to the right people. For a start I'm pretty sure I can get my hands on some ex display stuff for free eg. Bathrooms and kitchen for sure, it will just need to be transported.
    In response to my post yesterday I called in to my main suppliers for a friendly chat with the manager re this fine cause.

And yes they are willing to help number one you are guranteed my discounts (which are very good) Plus further discounts as it is for a good cause, they will even approach their suppliers for further discounts for you. I'll be pushing to get the stuff for cost or less.

If paying for the materials imediately is a problem then I will offer use of my credit facilities with them to you, I should be able to let you use up to £15,000 of my credit if it helps. This is usually 30-60 days but I can get them extended if necessary.

One thing we will need this end is a list of materials and if possible a commencement date for the works.

This is a multi branch company in the south and the manager said that he will approach the managing director of the company with regard to this matter.

I hope this is of some help, I can also make Saturday if I'm needed.

Please feel free to Pm me if you wish to contact me.

Lets all make this happen for these guys

Another avenue you could look down for planning and labour is the Army Royal Engineers, this would be a good little project for a troop from a Construction Squadron...if they still have them.

They have all the gear

Nev

http://veteransinaction.org.uk My favourite Military Charity

http://nevsniggles.com Handyman Services

It needs a fighting fund account opening.

There are visitors coming to the site to read this thread, some of them might want to help.

http://www.the2012londonolympics.com...ead.php?t=8046

1st email back

Thank you for drawing this to my attention. Best wishes, Boris Johnson MP
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

I'll be in touch, Mark. You're a good 'un, mate.

i'll give the proceeds of my mk2 stock thats for sale to get the ball rolling