View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Northernspark Guest
    I got home a little after seven, it would have been earlier but rosie has force fed me two gallons of tea and I had to stop twice on the way home for a wee wee

The back wall exterior is completed as Pete has already said, it brought a few problems for us as the downpipes for the guttering was set back to where the new wall would be so we had to design and build rebates for the down pipes to fit into, it took a little extra time but we overcame the problem and it ended up quite neat. We finished the wall around 4.30/5.00 after working in the rain for hours, I almost packed up at one point to leave it for the next day as it was difficult working outside and my tools were getting very wet, however we persevered and got it completed, along with making new fascias and soffits.

Sunday was taken up ply lining the interior of the walls, as the other Men continued to fit the insulation. Graham did a sterling job of making a frech drain so the new back wall doen't sit in standing water, the man is a machine, well done Graham!

The fun and games began around seven, after we had ate and I won the pistol competition I began to demolish a case of beer, we moved over to the dorms to find 120 young people ( lots of pretty girlies and boys for Kieran. )

I managed to steal the worlds Gayest baseball cap, I'm sure Pete will show you the photo ( there may be other photos, memory is a bit faded as I drank 18 bottles of carlberg and a fair bit of Richards wine )

Lots of things happened that night, most of which is very vague, I'm sure the others will fill you in, especially the girl ( loose term ) with the hands tattooed on her derrière

Pete is officially a southern pansy as instead of drinking the 15 cans of stella he brought along, he sold the majority of them to the group of youngsters

He did make a profit however but at only a pound a can, I sold one bottle for €2 but imagine my surprise in the morning when I discovered it was in fact £2

After only 5 hours sleep I was slighty not with it in the morning but by 10 I was back to normal, cos I'm a tough Northern drinker, eh Pete?

You missed a cracking weekend lads, you really ought to try and make it to the next one.

A few pics;

http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL917.../341428137.jpg
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL917.../341428249.jpg
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL917.../341428362.jpg
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL917.../341428461.jpg
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL917.../341428498.jpg

Pete's mastick man who will forever be on the back wall of the range.

http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL917.../341428397.jpg

I would like to thank everyone for their attendance and hard work, thank you for giving up your time, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks also to Rosie and Keith for keeping us fed and watered.

See you on the 6th of December.

Steve

Steve hasn't mentioned that he lost the rifle comp, by the way.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Steve hasn't mentioned that he lost the rifle comp, by the way.

I didn't notice that
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

Quote Originally Posted by Photosbykev View Post
    I didn't notice that
    he has on another thread all by itself!!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

bump it up for airarms
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    bump it up for airarms
    , me to a bump

Tony
    If you wade in, you have to risk the water coming over the tops of your wellies...

Donation

Hi there,

Twyning Scouts have got all the money in from their sponsored event, and it looks like we've raised £343.30.

To whom should we address the cheque - no funny answers, thanks!

Yours in Scouting,

Martin

I'm happy to have the cheque sent to me, Martin, and then I can pass it on to Rosie, the Secretary of the DTSGB.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Pete,

I'll send it there, then. The cheque will go off before Christmas.

Regards,

Martin

Thanks, mate.

That'll give Rosie & Co a brilliant Christmas!!

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    Nice one scouts! Top bombing!

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    Rather than sending Christmas cards this year we will be making a donation to the fund I'm also trying to get others to do this

Thank you Twyning scouts

Happy Christmas to all the Twyning Scouts, £343.30 is brilliant. With donations like this the range will soon be sorted.

Like the idea about not sending Christmas cards Lobberman (did you get it from the DTSGB Christmas party?) We did the same and just wished everyone a Happy Christmas instead if writing cards and donated £1 each - £16 raised for the fund and a lot less writing for me!!
    See you all next year.

Rosie and all at DTSGB