View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 66 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

phone call

Sovlved the phone call mystery. It was Angus from the local scout group(they use the range once every term) wanting to know if it was ok to use it on Friday night.

Cheese cake and cake and choccies - can't wait!!
    See you soon
    Rosie

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post
    Sovlved the phone call mystery. It was Angus from the local scout group(they use the range once every term) wanting to know if it was ok to use it on Friday night.

See you soon
    Rosie
    about ths swear box thingy, i think you going to be able to have a WHOLE new roof with me,....... I know its bad and wrong, but with the sort of peeps there, i cannot help it, if i promise to work hard and bring lots of tools and stuff can i be ammune from it???

PLEASE!!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post

See you soon
    Rosie
    Can you get the Scouts involved? Use my lot as an example - and we don't even have a range!

Message from Pete;

Due to heavy local snowfall, this weekend's visit to Stoke is CANCELLED.

I'm sure he will update us when he has the chance, but please do not attend this weekend!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Thanks Rich.

Yes, sorry to make to call we all dreaded, but the snow is coming down hard in Aylesbury and none of the roads - including major roads - have been treated.

Rosie has cancelled the delivery and nobody will be there to meet you if you turn up, so PLEASE DON'T TRY TO GET THERE.

More news as I get it.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Not what I wanted to hear, but the right decision.

Neil

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo..... .. .cheese cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Good Call.
    The range will still be there next week, month etc. If we can recruit a few more enthusiastic helpers in the meantime, we can make up for lost working time at the next workparty
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo..... .. .cheese cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does this mean I have to eat a 16" cheesecake all to myself?

Not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning folks, but as Graham has said, we can rearrange and hopefully recruit some more labour.

Shame we won't be coming had some corking ideas set up, eh Pete? wink wink, spose they'll have to wait for next time

Stay safe folks.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Northernspark View Post

Shame we won't be coming had some corking ideas set up, eh Pete? wink wink, spose they'll have to wait for next time

Steve
    Oh aye.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Good call with the weather, better safe than sorry.

Shame though, was looking forward to the banter, and polite remarks made about each other.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by steveggg View Post
    polite remarks made about each other.
    Think you're on the wrong thread Steve

Steve

sorry we had to cancel

So sorry we had to cancel but take pity on Keith as he will be eating pork pies, sausage rolls, hot dogs and cheese and drinking loads of milk all weekend!! Good job I hadn't bought the crisps and chocolate goodies or he would have to eat those as well. Would much rather be eating Julies cheesecake. Hopefully we will see you all soon.
    Rosie

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    Thanks for the sms Snock. Not the outcome I was hoping for but after travelling from Gloucester to Shrewsbury today for a funeral the trip was a nightmare in the current weather. 40 minutes to cover the first 2 miles!

Count me in for the next party
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

This was Aylesbury at about 08:00 this morning.
    That bit of road is the main A413 from Aylesbury to London.