View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 79 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Quote Originally Posted by Photosbykev View Post
    are we back on the S&M thread again ?????????

my loverly TX200SR Mk1 will be there but only for real left handers

my Mk4 will be on holiday with UK Neil lol
    i'm a lefty!!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    i'm a lefty!!!
    all the best people are lefties but there is always an exception to the rule.

He will probably be along shortly lol
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

Someone call?
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    Hey guys

Hope you all have a great weekend I am truly sorry I can't attend but I now have a secondary problem of continually falling over, this is all connected to the shoulder injury and has been very bad the last 2 weeks.

Just to cheer you up if you think of Delboy falling through the hatch in the bar this is what happens to me Yesterday I fell over 4 times whilst walking the dog about 400yds even I found this funny I don't know what the people that live by the field thought though

I will see you all soon and remember no swearing in front of Rosie

ATVB

Paul

PS

I vote cheesecake

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Someone call?
    ah Delta1 would make it two exceptions to the rule lmao
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog

Good work on summarising the progress Richard. I only got involved last year so seeing the project from the early days is neat.

Steve Valentine Guest
    He will probably be along shortly lol
    Who you calling shorty?

Steve

The work began back in 2007, I think it was. In fact, it was 2 years and 1 week ago when Terry first bought the plight of the DTSGB to our attention.

To understand what kind of context all this work is in, it must be understood that the timber-built ranges date back from circa 1942 when they were used as wards for burns victim soldiers that couldn't be treated in the field. The building had suffered from decomposition of some timbers; leaked like a sieve; was draughty; had vegetation growing in from outside, and has basic WC equipment. It also smelled very musty.

This is where the Great British National Paralympic squad train, remember.

The back walls were larch lap and asbestos-clad over stud framed construction. Both desperately needed replacing because they were rotting away, allowing vegetation to grow in.

We ripped out all the larch lap and asbestos* (*under contractor) cladding as well as all the stud work on both walls. These have been completely replaced with new materials, insulated, and re-clad with exterior graded, preserved ply. This has been, by far, the largest job that we've undertaken, taking about 12 people an entire weekend working from ~08:00 to well after dark on both days.

Then we have painted the walls, fitted hot air hand dryers, ripped out rooms and made them fit for re-use for different purposes.

The roof used to leak like a tennis racquet. There was a build up of 60+ years of gunge, silt and vegetation trapped in the roof's gulley system. We've cleared all this and treated it with a resin-based sealant. The roof has been okay since, but before it was leaking so bad that there were upto 5 buckets placed underneath the leaks to collect it all. These buckets also doubled as collection buckets.

There has been all kind of works undertaken, but there's still a long way to go.
    Anyone wishing to donate their time or money will experience the very satisfying feeling that we have all had from this project.

It's for shooters by shooters!!
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Good work on summarising the progress Richard. I only got involved last year so seeing the project from the early days is neat.
    i hope he told them hiw good i am and all the quality work i have done!!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Thanks Kev, it does make sense to try to compress it for people who don't want to trawl through 70+ pages.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Who you calling shorty?

Steve
    ummm, that would be you

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Thanks Kev, it does make sense to try to compress it for people who don't want to trawl through 70+ pages.
    too true, might inspire more to help if they get the jist of it, i remember when i looked at it, i got through it in three nights, amazing story though and worth the read!!!
    good luck with the rest and see you at the weekend!!

A few answers

To Nidge Pidge - the more volunteers the better any skills can be used from plumbing to painting so please come and join us this weekend, there are beds available and we feed you. If you can't come then yes please as much money as you can raise for us. So far the back two back walls of the range have been completely removed and rebuilt, insulation fitted and one wall has been lined. Hot water heaters and hand dryers have been donated and fitted in all four toilets (hopefully the 'new' toilets and sinks will be filtted this weekend) Oh a false ceiling has been put up in the entrance to the range, all the gutters have been cleaned out and a sealant applied, a very large trench has been dug around the side and back of range two and filled with single to stop the water coming in under the wall, extra lights fitted in both ranges, ceiling fan fitted in range two, Hot water heater fitted in the kitchen, two toilets and half of range one painted. The asbestos room was sealed thanks to a very generous donation by AMTA. Jobs still to do are too numerous to list but include a false ceiling in both ranges and some form of heating but please come and see for yourselve. Whoops running out of space. Rosie

It's me again

Message from Keith - does anyone coming this weekend have a pair of wire/bolt cutters to cut wire the thickness of a biro pen? We tried to buy some today without success (bought a wardrobe instead flat pack so that should be fun for us next week!!
    See you all soon
    Rosie

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post
    Message from Keith - does anyone coming this weekend have a pair of wire/bolt cutters to cut wire the thickness of a biro pen? We tried to buy some today without success (bought a wardrobe instead flat pack so that should be fun for us next week!!
    See you all soon
    Rosie
    That's thick wire, will require bolt cutters!

I can bring an angle grinder?

Steve