View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

I've just come back from the Stoke Mandeville site as I drove there to do a 'dummy run'. Yes, I'm a dummy.

It's really quite easy to find once you're off the main road. I'm considering making some signs up which will point those going on Saturday to the right location. These will just say BBS, or something as I don't want any local 'antis' to know its shooting related.
    There'll only be about 4 or 5 of us going to start with, as we don't want to inconvenience the shooters who will be there, plus it only needs a recce to start with, anyway.

I have a map of the local area which Rosie very kindly emailed me, and this will also get emailed to those who're going Saturday.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Guest Guest
    I will find another £100, to match Clifftop/Grayling Troop parcels appeal, it will be the end of the month.

Regards

Dave

I'd too like to help in a fiscal manner...I'd really like to be able to help in a more physical manner, but distance may well cause me a problem on this front

Terry, are there any banking details we can send donations to, rather than Royal Snail? Will these be the further details you're awaiting?

Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    I'd too like to help in a fiscal manner...I'd really like to be able to help in a more physical manner, but distance may well cause me a problem on this front

Terry, are there any banking details we can send donations to, rather than Royal Snail? Will these be the further details you're awaiting?

Cheers,
    Check post 132, Tim.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post

Cheers,
    Yes, mate. I should have them by tomorrow.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by kev hughes View Post
    If there is anything a poor Welsh boy can do to help, just let me know. I think Mr Doe knows a bit about what I can do.

Kev
    if your thinking of going up as part of a work party, i'll do my damdest to come too, if you have room for me that is
    WWW.NEATHMOTORCLUB.COM

YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_J View Post
    I was hoping to collect at Anston this weekend, but now the UKAHFT guys are doing it.as long as money gets collected thats all that matters, I made the bucket and poster ready.

See here=.AIRGUNBBS COLLECTION FOR STOKE MANDEVILLE DISABLED SHOOTERS

However, I will still be collecting at the remaining NEFTA Hunter HFT events. The more the merrier eh.

Andy

Start the ball rolling at Anston as like you said all going to the same fund.

Pete

We dont want too many buckets collecting do we, but if you say so, I'll take me bucket.
    Nice one Andy,

Should get the ball rolling nicely, well done on the posters.

I reckon we should be able to make a difference for these disabled
    shooters, with some effort and financial contributions it will be an
    extremely worthwhile venture.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

We dont want too many buckets collecting do we, but if you say so, I'll take me bucket.
    Your bucket will be plenty for this one

Pete

Guys,

In addition to the internal walls and services, we will also need to know
    the location of any columns/steels in order to get a grid added to the
    drawings.

I am gutted I can't get there on Saturday, but will take a day off and go
    over there if there is anything we miss.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    So so far the plan is to reconouter the building(s?). Surely we need a drawing for all services i.e electrical plumbing etc.

Right looking from a purely electrical point of view before commencing work I have compiled a list of information the Electrical side of the project will need.

So here it is.

The size of the incoming cable from the supply authorities fuses. From this we can determine the amount of load we can put in the building.

What material is the main conductor made of? Hopefully will be copper but if it's aluminiun it will diminish the amount of current the cable can carry.

Also what size is the main switch/fuse in the distribution board? This could give an indication of the amount of load we could obtain i the cable size is not known.

Is it 3 phase or single phase? I would think it would be single but best check.

What sort of fuses are used in the distribution board? MCB or the old re-wireable type?

What is the general fabric of the building? Wood? Brick? Tin sheeting? From this we can determine what sort of cable containment we must use.

Have we got any pictures of the interior of the building at all TERRY? If so please post them.

Right those of any electrical knowledge please add to this list as I only have a limited knowledge.

Cheers Kieran

Kieran,

Good start mate. I am expecting a uilging of that size to have a
    3 phase supply, probably lead covered armoured looking at the age and
    state of repair of the building.

Guessing we would need a distribution board with RCD breaker and MCB's.

As far as cabling and containment, I think it wll depend on 3 things,
    load, environment and cost. We will need to be mindful of what we
    can deliver and what our budget is. Better to deliver a good basic job
    that run out of money trying to do fancy stuff. I think our main issues
    will be luminaires on the shooting lanes, as fully protected fittings do
    not come cheap. Maybe we could think about halogen floods to light the
    lanes from behind the shooter, relatively cheap and bright enough for the job.

I will put some more thought into it once we have the drawings put
    together, but, think about Earthing/Bonding, in an all steel shelled building
    there will be plenty of it.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

Any chance we can get a sticky shopping list for this.
    I can get my hands on chairs, tables filing cabinets. Probably be able to source some electrical cable and any telephone (alarm) cable and bits.

I'm rather ashamed to admit to having only just bothered my arse to click on this thread.

In terms of availability and skills needed I'm also ashamed to admit that I'm probably of little or no use to the intended project but I can certainly pledge some cash towards a cracking cause.

Outstanding stuff you chaps.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Not wanting to state the obvious but take as many photos of the place as you can, do it systematically as well to keep things in order.
    There is nothing more annoying than having to go back all the time to check on small details during the planning stages.
    Take loads of notes, when you think you have enough take some more.

It will be worth talking to building control at the local council just to see what their requirements might be.