View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 90 of 149 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Sorry to hear that Steve. Get yerself better soon.

Simon, it looks like you're the only source of decent tools, mate.
    Don't forget them!!
    sniff i think......sniff, i'm coming.........sniff...down with.

oh come on, i'm aBLOKE!!!
    ill be there even if i cut me fingers off, bludy cold!! i tell ya!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    sniff i think......sniff, i'm coming.........sniff...down with.

oh come on, i'm aBLOKE!!!
    ill be there even if i cut me fingers off, bludy cold!! i tell ya!!
    Didn't you once blob through illness

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...&postcount=875

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Didn't you once blob through illness

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...&postcount=875

Steve
    yeah but i was chucking and could not stand up!!!
    i was going to come but didn't want to pass it on!!

honest!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

I have spoken to my lads and can give some time to the cause,I have quite a lot of materials left over from various jobs that might help too. I have also posted about it on Facebook, my little Pigeonwatchforum, (not the big one) and also claysporting.com

Look forward to getting stuck in and being able to help in some way.

Tony
    Buckinghamshire CPSA Chairman......for my sins
    See it, shoot it!

Steve Valentine Guest
    Come on boys, sick boy needs an update!!

Steve

Okay okay!! Jeez!

Simon and Nigel got cracking with fitting out the loos, leaving just one loo left to fit out with new crockery. All pipework has been boxed in on the other three as well as new crockery.

Paulie and I fitted the panic bars to the back doors, and fitted the fourth and final back door.

The 'L' room has had the boards all jointed and smoothed out, and the doors into this room have been removed and one has been swapped out for the old sliding door at the front of the building. We have put a sliding window into some new stud work in this doorway, and a new sliding door is being ordered. The new committee room's wall has been boarded out and jointed.

The kitchen refurb is now underway, and should be finished out in the next 3 weeks.

Those present were:
    Rosie and Keith.
    Simon and his nephew Nathan.
    Nigel.
    James - the DTSGB coach.
    Paulie.
    Terry.

My personal thanks to all involved in this great project!

PS: Steve, you missed a dorm full of America's women's hockey team.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Once again I spent the entire weekend with Simon in the toilets, plumbing of course! Or strictly speaking passing tools, holding basins etc. for Simon whilst he battled with the task in hand. I am glad to report that we won the battle (only just) and I would like to recommend Simon for the Distinguished Plumbing Cross for courage against a very determined enemy.

And I will certainly NOT be posting a picture of Simon and Nathan in an embarrassing position in the loos.

So don't ask.

Okay.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Steve Valentine Guest
    Good stuff boys, sorry I couldn't be there

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    And I will certainly NOT be posting a picture of Simon and Nathan in an embarrassing position in the loos.

So don't ask.

Okay.
    yeah.....erm...... .......ok.........erm

best left alone!!!

What a weekend!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Come on boys, sick boy needs an update!!

Steve
    Steve you were really missed. I had to buy a tesco pavlova because there was no cheesecake!!! You also missed me in tears again when a chap called Ian arrived on Saturday morning and said 'would you like to choose a new kitchen' He then said 'when would you like it delevered' and another chap called Kevin said 'when 'would you like it fitted' I spent the rest of the weekend with my head in a spin hopeing that I had remembered to include everything that we might need. I think I also made tea/coffee and the lunches but I'm not 100% sure. I'm also covered in white paint so I think some walls have been painted. I do know that the meeting room is really beginning to look good, the fire exit doors now have the correct push bars and have been stained, and the loos are looking really good and thanks to Nathan have new loo roll holders fitted. A couple of visits to the recyle centre with James and his trailer saw the back of the rubbish and we bought back 4 good chairs and quite a few tiles for the splash backs in the loos aoll for £10 - can't be bad. Get well soon Steve and see you next time.
    Rosie and Keith

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    sorry you lost me at "American womens hockey team" I only came back when pavlova was mentioned and the shock has just worn off from the passing tools comment

Really sorry I missed out this weekend but fear not the gofer shall return

ok back to the women
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

Steve Valentine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post
    Steve you were really missed. I had to buy a tesco pavlova because there was no cheesecake!!! You also missed me in tears again when a chap called Ian arrived on Saturday morning and said 'would you like to choose a new kitchen' He then said 'when would you like it delevered' and another chap called Kevin said 'when 'would you like it fitted' I spent the rest of the weekend with my head in a spin hopeing that I had remembered to include everything that we might need. I think I also made tea/coffee and the lunches but I'm not 100% sure. I'm also covered in white paint so I think some walls have been painted. I do know that the meeting room is really beginning to look good, the fire exit doors now have the correct push bars and have been stained, and the loos are looking really good and thanks to Nathan have new loo roll holders fitted. A couple of visits to the recyle centre with James and his trailer saw the back of the rubbish and we bought back 4 good chairs and quite a few tiles for the splash backs in the loos aoll for £10 - can't be bad. Get well soon Steve and see you next time.
    Rosie and Keith
    Saves us a job, that will be great having a pro fitted kitchen!!!

Hopefully be there next time!!

must go, feel sick.

Too much cheese cake

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by nidge.pidge View Post
    Once again I spent the entire weekend with Simon in the toilets, plumbing of course! Or strictly speaking passing tools, holding basins etc. for Simon whilst he battled with the task in hand. I am glad to report that we won the battle (only just) and I would like to recommend Simon for the Distinguished Plumbing Cross for courage against a very determined enemy.
    well what can I say, once again thankyou for your help nigel, you were a welcome sight and brave(or stupid) for coming back to attack those loos, as said we won but only just this time!! The first toilet we started on monday was in the final stages by about 2, so I sent out the boys to adjust (with a BIG bar and hammer the next one thinking that "yeah we have the time" well, panic set in when leaks started and we had to take most of the panels off to get to them, alot of swearing and help from nigel saw us finished just in time for getting home!!
    We will be finished with the update of crockery next time and then the "making good" will commence, I am determined to make rosie cry at the sight of these loos!! wether its the nice cry or the cry of what the hell you done we will have to wait to see!!
    I am sorry for steve and kev, to have to say that you missed the hockey team, I am sure they would have brought empty beer boxes off you, but better luck next time lads.

Well about this picture

Iam sure (ahem) that the goodness of pete's soul would make it impossible for him to attach this photo to the site, the position we were in is not as bad as the photo makes out, the saying "a picture never lies" is now not allowed on this thread!!!

thanks guys for another great weekend, I missed the angel like servery of breakfast but I am sure over time I will get over this, hope to see you there next time, and others!!

Reactions

Hi Everyone We've had a great training weekend and everyone thinks the work done on the last two refurb weekends is fantastic. They all think the new room is going to look really good. The kitchen arrived on Friday afternoon and is now stacked in the range ready for fitting in a couple of weeks. There was only one other suggestion to make for the kitchen and that was for a towel rail so I think we have chosen the right units. I will check out some possbilbe dates for the next workparty as soon as I can.
    BIG THANKYOU from me and all the DTSGB members