View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    it's not looking good for the Valentine one
    for god sake, stop hoggin the cake of cheese, if thats the problem then we promise you can have most of it!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Hi Everyone thanks for your replies. It looks as if we maybe able to get on with the meeting room even if we can't get any sockets put in yet. Do you think we will have enough expertise to put the new door up?
    Rosie

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post
    Hi Everyone thanks for your replies. It looks as if we maybe able to get on with the meeting room even if we can't get any sockets put in yet. Do you think we will have enough expertise to put the new door up?
    Rosie
    easy!!! ;-)
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Right, let's have a list of attendees for Stoke Mandeville this weekend.

Me...
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Aye.

Sunday.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Steve Valentine Guest

Unhappy

Sorry folks, I'm still working away during the week, got too much to do at home as well.

I know you'll miss me but rest assured I'll eat enough cheeses cake for all of us.

Hi Everyone I had a phone call from Leisure Connections this afternoon with the news that due to the wheelchair basketball tournament this weekend they need all the accommodation and asking if we will cancel our refurb weekend so that they can use the beds we had booked. In return they will give us our next refurbs weekend accommodation for FREE.
    The offer of free accommodation next time is appealing especially as there were not many of us staying on the Saturday night. We have decided NOT to cancel altogether but to still go up to the range and work on the meeting room (and other things if we have enough help) on the SATURDAY. So if you can get there on the Saturday please come and help us, the tea/coffee and lunch will still be provided by us and there is a good fish and chip shop to have something to eat before we go home. We will be at the range about 9am.
    Hope to see you
    Rosie

Those who can't do it at all:
    Steve, Kev, Kieran, Nealsey.

Those who can only do Sunday:
    Terry, Richard.

That leaves Simon and me. Simon will have to/from travel from Loughborough twice in one day - something I reckon would be a show-stopper.

Then there's me. I have precious little skills that would be useful.

I reckon a reschedule is a better idea, Rosie.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

We will still be there on the Saturday, we want to get the meeting room painted out. It's already being used at training and squad weekends so to get it painted will make a great improvement. No skills are needed just old clothes and a tatty hat to keep your head dry!!
    Rosie

Blimey, I've just seen this. Good job because I was coming on Sunday , straight from a monstrous two-day 'social' at Newmarket. Perhaps it's for the best.

Best get the re-schedule sorted, soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Blimey, I've just seen this. Good job because I was coming on Sunday , straight from a monstrous two-day 'social' at Newmarket. Perhaps it's for the best.

Best get the re-schedule sorted, soonish.
    bloody soonish, i have to agree, if i had a faster van then, i would not mind coming down for the day but it takes over 2 1/2 hours one way so really not worth it,
    i am in the movement of sorting out purchases of three houses so sooner the better before i have to start work on them!!

Reschedule date
    Is anyone free on the 14th & 15th November?

Also please put the 5th December in your diary as its our Christmas Shoot and Party and all those of you who have helped are invited
    Rosie

Its the UKAHFT Gathering, not sure how much difference that will make to us?

I'm free Sunday that weekend.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Sorry to be a pain but do we have anyone for the weekend of 14th - 15th November (Delta1 can do the Sunday) I have to cancel off a pre-selection training weekend for us to be there but I don't want to do this if its a no-go.

The meeting room is now painted but the door still needs to be fitted and electric sockets installed. If we can get the kitchen boarded out the guys from Howdens will come and put the tiles up and replace the flooring. We have some tiles for the sink area in the loos when the plumbing is finished.
    Rosie
    Last edited by Rosie.; 02-11-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post
    Sorry to be a pain but do we have anyone for the weekend of 14th - 15th November (Delta1 can do the Sunday) I have to cancel off a pre-selection training weekend for us to be there but I don't want to do this if its a no-go.

The meeting room is now painted but the door still needs to be fitted and electric sockets installed. If we can get the kitchen boarded out the guys from Howels will come and put the tiles up and replace the flooring. We have some tiles for the sink area in the loos when the plumbing is finished.
    Rosie
    i want to get a couple of days done there before i start getting to busy with the houses, i will try hard to get to this one, if it is a starter?