View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%
Page 97 of 149 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2229

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Quote Originally Posted by Vanpyre View Post
    i want to get a couple of days done there before i start getting to busy with the houses, i will try hard to get to this one, if it is a starter?
    Brilliant its a starter if you can make it. Do we know of another sparky if the 'cheesecake delivery man' (our Steve) can't make it?
    Rosie

Stoke

Sorry Rosie, can't come. I'll be in Florida catching Spanish mackerel (well, I'll be fishing for them!).

Best wishes

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie. View Post
    Brilliant its a starter if you can make it. Do we know of another sparky if the 'cheesecake delivery man' (our Steve) can't make it?
    Rosie
    i dont know of any others here except our little boy kerian, but i have not seen him there for a while!!
    i can do electric, but not got a certificate, dont know how to work past that one!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Steve Valentine Guest
    i dont know of any others here except our little boy kerian, but i have not seen him there for a while!!
    i can do electric, but not got a certificate, dont know how to work past that one!!
    not a domestic property so doesn't fall under part P

not sure if I can make this one either, still working away

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    not a domestic property so doesn't fall under part P

not sure if I can make this one either, still working away
    cheers matey, so that means i can do it?
    if so, rosie, is there cable and boxes there?
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Steve Valentine Guest
    there's some 2.5 t&e and maybe some trunking, not sure about sockets and boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    there's some 2.5 t&e and maybe some trunking, not sure about sockets and boxes
    Sorry for not replying sooner, we're in cornwall and only just got to a computer. I will check when we get to the range and buy any bits we need on the Saturday.
    Rosie

Back from Cornwall and getting sorted for the weekend. Vanpyre I have your name on a bed - who else is stopping over on the Saturday night? We will be leaving on the Friday afternoon so won't be able to pick up messages on Friday night.
    See you soon
    Rosie

I can only do Sunday this time.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

I'm OK for Sunday 15th.

Won't need a bed thanks.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

so who else is going then? am i going to be the only one there sat?

so who else is going then? am i going to be the only one there sat?
    Got a last minute range booking for Saturday, so I will need to be at the Club to open up, RO etc., Sunday not looking good either!

Looks like you will have to amuse yourself in the 'Gents' this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by nidge.pidge View Post
    Got a last minute range booking for Saturday, so I will need to be at the Club to open up, RO etc., Sunday not looking good either!

Looks like you will have to amuse yourself in the 'Gents' this weekend!
    keeping out of the toilets this time, will be a sparky!!

"only the lonley bom bom bom duby do wah"

Update on the fantastic work done so far.

Hi Everyone a very small but active workforce of Vanpyre, Delta and Snock and Keith worked wonders at the weekend. The meeting room is painted and the door is on. Vanpyre worked all day Saturday putting the new sockets in there. On Sunday the electrics in the rest of the range were tested and found wanting so new and safe wiring was installed to the firing points in range two and the kitchen, so now they won't trip. 'the committee of the day' aka those mentioned above thought it would be useful to list all the work you have helped with so far and what still needs to be done - so here goes
    The roof has been sealed - it no longer leaks
    Back wall completely rebuilt - the building is now stable when the wind blows.
    Deep trench dug round side and back of range two and filled with shingle - rain no longer comes under side wall.
    Replacement door fitted to front of range - now opens easily
    False ceiling put up in entrace lobby - this stopped the wind coming into the range.
    New armoury created from old workshop - wheelchair shooters can access their own rifles/pisols
    Old storage area cleared and meeting room built - this can now be used for lectures etc during training weekends
    New kitchen units - somewhere nice to make the coffee for the volunteers!!!
    New lights in both ranges - much better than before.
    New toilets fitted in two loos, new hand basins in three loos - so much nicer
    Hot water heaters and hand dryers in all four toilets - a first!!
    New water heater fitted in kitchen - replaces the old urn, so much safer
    Lots of painting - looks much cleaner
    Fire doors fitted at back of both ranges. I'm sure I have forgotten something but now for the list of the work still to do
    Finish cladding back wall, cistern in one loo, hand basin in one loo, false ceiling, heating, boading out all communial areas/kitchen/office and paint, hollow sofit to front and back of range (this will protect the new back wall and make the fornt look really good) reskin the sides of the building with marine ply, flooring everywhere. So you can see that we are nearly there. many thanks to all who have given their time so far and hope that next year we can work together and have a range to be proud of. Don't forget to let me know if you can come to the Christmas shoot on 5th December
    Rosie