13 30.95%
  • Co2

22 52.38%
  • PCP

8 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July's Pistol Competition

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Hi Paddy

Looks like an interesting variation (the two-handed & one-handed bit), so please log me for a 'go' in the June round.

I'll be shooting an HW75 (girlie calibre) - so in the SSP class.

Do we have to stick with a nominated pellet? Not a big issue but, depending on my mood and time of the month, I have tended to switch between RWS CO2 Target and Dynamit Nobel Diabolokugein fur Gewehre und Pistolen (fit that in your box )

I won't have to download the target .... as t'was mine in the first place , originally produced for Pollythedog's comp which ends this month (and for which I must get shooting!)

atb

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Old gun is it Eric? Worn barrel p'haps.

Russ
    Pellets do tend to roll out the end of the barrel sometimes Russ....

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I wondered how long before someone mentioned that

I heard you re-bored it like they used to do with the cars, old mk2 engines into a 2.1 pinto

I've now updated the sheet on the BBs, so you can now see who are up against

Regards
    Paddy.
    Paddy...if I was gonna rebore it would be to take musket balls...got hundreds of them from my other hobby of metal detecting.....
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi Paddy

Looks like an interesting variation (the two-handed & one-handed bit), so please log me for a 'go' in the June round.

I'll be shooting an HW75 (girlie calibre) - so in the SSP class.

Do we have to stick with a nominated pellet? Not a big issue but, depending on my mood and time of the month, I have tended to switch between RWS CO2 Target and Dynamit Nobel Diabolokugein fur Gewehre und Pistolen (fit that in your box )

I won't have to download the target .... as t'was mine in the first place , originally produced for Pollythedog's comp which ends this month (and for which I must get shooting!)

atb

Biggles

Hi Biggles

Well I can't really say no to you as they were your targets in the first place

As for the pellet thing, you can change if you like. You can either leave it blank or let me know when submitting your scores.

I've updated my sheet, but not the BBs one.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Smile Most interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Paddy...if I was gonna rebore it would be to take musket balls...got hundreds of them from my other hobby of metal detecting.....
    Eric.

Pray tell us all about this: sounds fascinating to me!

Then again, maybe it isn't to others here, so you miught want to post it in the Non Airgun section.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Pray tell us all about this: sounds fascinating to me!

Then again, maybe it isn't to others here, so you miught want to post it in the Non Airgun section.

Jim
    Not too much to tell Jim...I've done metal detecting on and off since the mid seventies and have found hoards...of rubbish!!!..lol!!
    Most times I go out I find some pistol or musket shot and probably now have a few hundred...I do curse airgun pellets though, so small, they take some separating from the mud....
    Favourite find is a Bronze Age axe head dated about 1500 BC...lovely to look at and handle...
    Eric.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry Paddy,

my EB22 is .22 calibre.... bigger dia. hole might help my score...

I'm not in the PCP category either mate, I wish I could afford to be tho'

And no Eric, we're not having an axe throwing competition.....

Russ
    Last edited by Firestorm; 07-05-2008 at 11:54 AM.
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Sorry Paddy,

Russ
    Hi Russ

I've updated the calibre on my files,

& I agree with you use fun as it might be, I won't be doing another speedsheet

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Paddy

I'm up for some of this. Can I enter 3 categories?
    Spring: Feinwerkbau 65
    SSP: HW75
    CO2: Walther CP88 Competition

All .177 and at the moment all 3 will be with RWS CO2 target pellets, but this may change.

Could you just clarify a couple of things please. This is June's competition, but will run only between 31st May and 7th June. After scores submitted on 7th, that's it; comp over for June.

On the targets there is a ring inside the 10 (10.1 ring?). I take it this will not be used in this comp?

Cheers
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Hi Paddy

I'm up for some of this. Can I enter 3 categories?
    Spring: Feinwerkbau 65
    SSP: HW75
    CO2: Walther CP88 Competition

All .177 and at the moment all 3 will be with RWS CO2 target pellets, but this may change.

Could you just clarify a couple of things please. This is June's competition, but will run only between 31st May and 7th June. After scores submitted on 7th, that's it; comp over for June.

On the targets there is a ring inside the 10 (10.1 ring?). I take it this will not be used in this comp?

Cheers
    Hi.

I've put you in the 3 categories you asked for. I'll try & update the BBs sheet in abit.

& you're basically answered your own questions there.

One of my per usual typo errors that I've worded this as 'July's Competition' it should read 'June's competition'

I'm surprised no one has picked that up sorry.

To Clarify the comp is only run within 31st -7th, send me the scores by PM by 16:00 on the 7th. Then that is it until the first week in July. & as you say the 10.1 ring doesn't count.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

One of my per usual typo errors that I've worded this as 'July's Competition' it should read 'June's competition'

I'm surprised no one has picked that up sorry.
    I had mate, I was being kind.......

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

I've been fair itching to join the UBC, so can I have a do please Paddy?

I'll be using a Beretta 92FS with RWS Hobby pellets. Oh, and I'll be crap.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Hi Paddy...just took possesion of a 4" S&W 686 so could you add me to the Co2 section...don't know pellets yet until I've done some tests.....
    Eric.

Sorry Paddy,

Russ
    Russ...took me years to find an axe so no way am I gonna throw it and risk losing it....
    If I get the farmers go-ahead it's probably going to go on loan to the little local museum....
    Eric.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Not too much to tell Jim...I've done metal detecting on and off since the mid seventies and have found hoards...of rubbish!!!..lol!!
    Most times I go out I find some pistol or musket shot and probably now have a few hundred...I do curse airgun pellets though, so small, they take some separating from the mud....
    Favourite find is a Bronze Age axe head dated about 1500 BC...lovely to look at and handle...
    Eric.
    I think that is fascinating! I was considering getting a metal detector: problem is, restrictions on where you can use it. Public land's a no-no, and I own only a city backyard!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone