• Co2

22 52.38%
  • PCP

8 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: July's Pistol Competition

pcp

if the offer is still there we'll have ago.
    pistol is a fx ranchero fx pellet 0.177 pcp

and its colin, if space for two put larissa in aswell with the same setup

thanks colin

Quote Originally Posted by percypepper View Post

thanks colin
    Hi.

No Problem as it's PCP, I'll update the score sheet.

I think now that there is enough people in all categories.

So good luck to everyone for this competition.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi All
    Following on from Pade post, I have also shot a few practice targets well quite a few actually and my best to date is a total of 125 some 33 point improvement mind you I still throw in the odd sub 100 score with some real fliers not sure if its me or the pellets as the Umarex pellets do seem a bit variable in the breech Not long now and the target will be for the comp
    ATB Keith
    Last edited by mxgb; 15-05-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add missing point value

Graham Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mxgb View Post
    Hi All
    Following on from Pade post, I have also shot a few practice targets well quite a few actually and my best to date is a total of 125 some 33 point improvement mind you I still throw in the odd sub 100 score with some real fliers not sure if its me or the pellets as the Umarex pellets do seem a bit variable in the breech Not long now and the target will be for the comp
    ATB Keith
    That's superb,125 , I'm going to have to get some practice in this weekend....... or start thinking up some excuses!

As for pellets, I've never tried any others but I'm using RWS Hobby and when I miss I know it's not down to the gun or the pellets, it's me every time.

If I rest my hands on a table and hold the gun in two hands I can get excellent groups so I'd definitely recommend them if you fancy a change. I think they're fairly cheap compared to some others as well, always a bonus.

Cheers Graham
    I bet when the comp target goes up my scores will go down I will try the RWS Hobby's
    Keith

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by percypepper View Post

thanks colin
    Welcome aboard Colin, has Larissa been eating 3 shredded wheat for breakfast then? How is she going to do the single handed shots, I think I'd wobble a bit with a Ranchero

BTW I have some pink pouches left for sale and 1 red heart

Cheers

John

See you on Sunday, I hope.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

larissa

we will at least beat her at something john

colin

and of corse she will have the pink one see u sunday
    Last edited by percypepper; 15-05-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add

[/creep mode on] Dearest Mr Pad. E, having arrived a little late to the party, and noticing your, no more peeps, statement on page one I was, to say the least, a little disheartened and accept that if you let me in, I can imagine it would be a lot of work for your already heavy workload, what with all the camo projects and everything.

So I'd understand if you can't say yes, come on in and join the fun, which is a shame really as I feel that Blackpool may be a little under-represented in the competition and I'm sure I'll represent the town well.

Should you be in a position to add another member to the exclusive, well respected, list of members I would very much appreciate it [/creep mode off]

Seriously, if anyone drops out then please put me on your standby list

Quote Originally Posted by northern35s View Post
    [/creep mode on] Dearest Mr Pad. E, having arrived a little late to the party, and noticing your, no more peeps, statement on page one I was, to say the least, a little disheartened and accept that if you let me in, I can imagine it would be a lot of work for your already heavy workload, what with all the camo projects and everything.

So I'd understand if you can't say yes, come on in and join the fun, which is a shame really as I feel that Blackpool may be a little under-represented in the competition and I'm sure I'll represent the town well.

Should you be in a position to add another member to the exclusive, well respected, list of members I would very much appreciate it [/creep mode off]

Seriously, if anyone drops out then please put me on your standby list
    Excellent post, made me laugh

YHPM

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Paddy...after loadsa testing I can confirm the pellets I will be using in all categories I'm shooting in will be H & N High Speed Match Kugeln .177..
    They're not cheap but they seem to be the best in all my pistols...
    ATB...Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Hi Paddy...after loadsa testing I can confirm the pellets I will be using in all categories I'm shooting in will be H & N High Speed Match Kugeln .177..
    ATB...Eric.
    Hi Eric

I've updated my speadsheet. There are now 6 pistols out of 55 using these pellets (including yours). Yes 55 pistols

After testing my Co2 Gamo for the first time for this competition yesterday. I can honestly say be afraid, very afraid (pellets were going everywhere )
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Just a quick Bumpette, to drag the thread back on to page 1 - where I'm less likely to loose track of it

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    ATB...Eric.
    These are good pellets all my ladie's love them, but they are just to pricey, so i have to settle for the H & N Match Kugeln, How much do you pay for yours Eric?
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    These are good pellets all my ladie's love them, but they are just to pricey, so i have to settle for the H & N Match Kugeln, How much do you pay for yours Eric?
    £7.59 from our sponsor, Jason, cheaper if you buy 10 tins which I may do when I'm getting low on pellets and I'm feeling flush....but I use Geco, Co2 Target, Bisley Practice and R 10 Match when practicing....
    Eric.

unlikely i'll be able to shoot in junes comp....got no pellets as my local shop closed down and i have things to find funds for at the mo.

if Northern35s wants my place then let him in shame to deny the chap a place as i can't shoot.