Thread: Getting on target right away

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thanks for your input. since you have your elevation trajectory done already inpractice try to get the chairgun numbers matching the real world ones. only after this get a print out for the wind drift chart. i think a chart with 5yard increments should do. test these in the field. the reading of the leaves is good but should be coupled with readings from the wind meter to help you tell what a 5mph and 7mph wind does to the leaves so that you can look at the table and wind the wind velocity you are interested. you don't need expensive meters even the basic ones will do for this exercise.

Reading wind through mirage is an excellent practice but it's challenging and takes time to get used to. i've been taking notes for a while now but still find it difficult. now that summer is coming by, i'll have alot of opportunity to practice as mirage here is very pronounced when you have 40degrees celcius. the best thing about mirage is that there is no angle like a clock thing but its fractions of a 90degree angle. i'll be getting a bushnell elite 15-45x60 for this exercise. i would have realy liked the leupold wit reticle inside but this spotting scope is still abit out of my budget altough i will be getting one later on for fullbore shooting.

btw what do you need to be able to do airgun hunting in southafrica? are there any license permits you need and what game can you take?
    Last edited by flims; 11-05-2008 at 09:36 PM.